Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Purr:
Make sure that the entry for the sound gauge is in a single line, like this:

gauge07 = DSD_FSX_XML_Sound!Sound, 0, 0, 0, 0, .\Gauges\RM3_Cockpit_Sounds\RM3_CockpitSounds_BK.ini

If this still won't make the switch sounds work, the XML sound .dll is not compatible to P3D. I can't check the Metro in that sim as I can't afford it.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Thanks! Got it to work and it's now up and running--totally adds to the immersion : )!!!!

Metro is going to be aircraft of choice for Norway now!!

Thank you very much Bjoern!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Update for the weather radar. If you don't use it, you can skip this one.
I've also switched from Logger to XMLTools 2.0 for the save/load functionality, but this is only relevant if you want to do a first-time or reinstallation. The readme got updated accordingly.

Also, the GPU PLUG-IN light should now stay out.

Link, as usual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMa3V1SWZtcUJLWFE/view?usp=sharing

Upgrade:
Replace the "Metro_Mods" folder.

Cant' get enough of this Metro with Bjoern's mods ..... I don't use the weather radar as it effects FPS too much on my modest system but the sounds, systems and GPU etc are fantastic.

My WX radar should not have any impact on performance.

But then again, it's about as a accurate as a blind man in the bombardier seat.

While on the subject of mods, anyone interested in a high-visibility (and more conventional) EHSI?  Includes arc and map modes of course, TCAS and GPWS with aural warnings currently work in progress.

Not quite ready for prime time, but if there is interest I'll put the effort in.

(how do you post images on this forum?)

Wooooooow!!! Amazing! I've always found the ehsi to be so cumbersome and hard to read! any idea when it might be out?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I think you have to post images by link, btw, rather than directly in forum.

Please keep us posted! Also, this would be worth signalling in the P3D forum too because I bet there are a lot of P3d users of this a/c (me included).

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Yes, definitely interested in a better EHSI for this bird!

To link pics, you can set up an account at www.servimg.com then upload your pic there, and simply copy the 'direct link' and use it within the 'picture' icon function, in the posting options here.

OK so here's my currently working version just to get your comments, still a lot of tweaking to do so go easy on me ;)

The EHSI includes Traffic Alerts and EGPWS warnings (replacing the default FSX ones used by Razbam), however I haven't included the sounds as the ones I'm using came from another airplane, so I need to look for some freeware sounds.  Also I need to make sure it doesn't conflict with Bjoern's mod which also uses the dsdsound gauge.

Gauge

Instructions

Also I need to make sure it doesn't conflict with Bjoern's mod which also uses the dsdsound gauge.

You can specify a different .ini file for the GPWS sounds in the panel.cfg, something like:

gaugexx=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound,  2,2,2,2, \GPWS_sound.ini

FSX might just load a second instance of the gauge.

Or rename dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau to something like dsd_fsx_xml_sound2.gau and use it in the panel.cfg.

Or give me a shout if you're done and I'll integrate the content of your .ini file into mine. There should be no harm done by "dead" entries in the .ini if someone doesn't want to run your HSI.

OK so here's my currently working version just to get your comments, still a lot of tweaking to do so go easy on me ;)

This is really great!   I much prefer it to the small fiddly unit that comes with the Razbam.

Here's a pic of it.   I haven't set up the aircraft, or Nav here, just a raw power up, to look at the gauge:-

7710.jpg

I'm very impressed - thanks for making this.

Looks great David...how are the sounds? Any conflict or does it work okay as is?

Will try to install shortly too.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10