Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Man, with Bjoern's Mods, this thing is fabulous. Occasional bugs, but I can clear them up with a FSX resart (doesnt really bug me-oops I made a funny :)). Great, in-depth systems work, and I picked it up for 10 bux, which is a steal.

+1 on all the above. Picked it up for $10 as well. Thanks a lot Bjoern for your excellent work in bringing this AC to life. Great visuals, (and now ) systems and FDE as far as I can tell.The VC lighting is really, really nice. Rare do you see such detail and functionality there. I also changed to A/P to the default Cessna, getting rid of the clunker that was there.

Question though. I can't make the SAS L and R fail lights extinguish on the annunciator panel. SAS servo  is on ( that light is extinguished), both L and R SAS switches located above are on.  Pitot and SAS heat are on as well.

Also, the stall warning gauge atop the glare shield is always in the red, even when cruising at 200+ Kias. It never moves. Are others having these issue or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this model what it is.

Cheers,

Brian

Also, the stall warning gauge atop the glare shield is always in the red, even when cruising at 200+ Kias. It never moves.

It definitely doesn't stay in the red at those speeds, for me, but it certainly does seem a little off.  Eg... at sensible approach speeds for the aircraft and weights, it tends to be towards the lower end of the "Slow" area - where you definitely wouldn't want to see it in real life!

rxp gns530 fits well in place of the inop wx, just wish they didn't code the wx clickspots in the vc mdl and given us a flat spot for the rxp.

actually like the trimble on top as when the fs flight plan is loaded, the trimble can be used to display the waypoints to help enter the rxp waypoints.

btw, has anyone been able to place an autopilot gauge in the vc (not as a 2d pop up)?  just don't like to call up 2d panel to set the ap mode or whatever.  not sure if there are open spots available to place the face of the ap gauge.

some texture mods here and there, got rid of the dirty red faux leather side panels from the 70s and placed a cheap gray panel in its place.

there are some issues, but razbam made a real good model.

xpNDd.jpg

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Should the need arise to go back to the non legacy SimConnect is that a possibility or would there never be a need?

All SimConnect versions can run parallel to each other without issues, so no need to up/downgrade. Just install 'em all.

Bjoerns mods? Hmmmmm! I will have to hunt those down!  Where would they be I wonder.

A few pages back at best. No matter what link you catch, it will always point to the latest version.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

the rxp 530 fitting (from razbam forum)

change the panel.cfg (in panel and panel.1 folders)

[Vcockpit03] 
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$primary_panel3

//gauge00 = Metro_IIIC!M3_WX_RDR_BDX_82,     20, 120, 1000, 768
gauge00 = rxpGNS!GNS530, -200, 60, 1400, 1100

you'll need 2d gauge pop up to use the buttons so add these entries at top of this file,

Window05=Reality XP GNS 530 WAAS - RXP_CONFIG_TOOL - DO NOT CHANGE
Window08=Reality XP DropStack

and at the end of the file add

[Window05]
window_pos=0.739583,0.000000
window_size=0.260417,0.333333
visible=1
ident=15531
zorder=99
gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100
[Window08]
position=0
window_size=0.041667,0.027778
visible=1
ident=15000
zorder=100
gauge00=rxpDrop!Stack,0,0,100,100

also, copy a working gns 530's RXPGNS.INI from another one of your aircraft to the metro root folder.  you can edit the config in the .ini file or use the rxp config tool.  

basically, my .ini is setting is here, the rxp is able to drive metro's gps/nav/comm/cdi without issue, seamless.

[GNS530]
Popup=15531
AutoPilotMode=2
Radios=1
LinkCdiKey=Off
AutoCdiMode=1
AutoApproach=Off
LinkVor=1
LcdStyle=Off
AutoWidth=500
AutoHeight=360
Trainer=
NoKeyClick=Off
DisableRxTx=Off
AutoPowerOn=Off
AutoRadiosOff=On
GndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off
AutoCourse=On
LinkObs=On
ShadinFuel=On
RadioSyncMode=Full
Brightness=-1.000000
CrossFill=Off
TCAD=Off
Taws=On
TawsVolume=60
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_NEG_CLIMB_RATE=0
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_CAUT=0
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_CAUT=0
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_CAUT=0
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_CAUT=0
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_WRNG=0
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_WRNG=0
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_WRNG=0
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_WRNG=0
CPU=-1
HardwareDevice=Off
HardwareIdx=0

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

[GNS530]
Popup=15531
AutoPilotMode=2
Radios=1
LinkCdiKey=Off
AutoCdiMode=1
AutoApproach=Off
LinkVor=1
LcdStyle=Off
AutoWidth=500
AutoHeight=360
Trainer=
NoKeyClick=Off
DisableRxTx=Off
AutoPowerOn=Off
AutoRadiosOff=On
AutoCourse=On
LinkObs=On
ShadinFuel=On
RadioSyncMode=Full
Brightness=-1.000000
CrossFill=Off
TCAD=Off
Taws=On
TawsVolume=60

pasted the wrong version, should be like this to link cdi key:

[GNS530]
Popup=15531
AutoPilotMode=2
Radios=1
LinkCdiKey=On
AutoCdiMode=0
AutoApproach=Off
LinkVor=1
LcdStyle=Off
AutoWidth=500
AutoHeight=360
Trainer=
NoKeyClick=Off
DisableRxTx=Off
AutoPowerOn=Off
AutoRadiosOff=On
AutoCourse=On
LinkObs=On
ShadinFuel=On
RadioSyncMode=Full
Brightness=-1.000000
CrossFill=Off
TCAD=Off
Taws=On
TawsVolume=60
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_NEG_CLIMB_RATE=1
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_CAUT=1
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_CAUT=1
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_CAUT=1
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_CAUT=1
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_WRNG=1
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_WRNG=1
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_WRNG=1
TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_WRNG=1
CPU=-1
HardwareDevice=Off
HardwareIdx=0
[sETTINGS]
Dimmer=Off
SimpleMouse=Off
KeyOnFocus=On

Small update to my ehsi and autopilot mod.

Replacement altitude selector with altitude alert sound, also allows keyboard control of autopilot with z (on-off) and ctrl-z (alt hold) keys

EHSI now shows vertical deviation from a 1000ft/3nm glideslope to destination when following a gps flight plan.

Files as usual here.

Izamm, the new alt select gauge is really nice.  ap turns on/off exclusively with the yaw damper switch with this gauge in place.   i'm using the fsx default maul ap gauge.

have you considered adding softkeys around the ehsi (like they have on the sandel ehsi) to serve as ap buttons?   seems only places where ap buttons can be added in the vc would be there and also where the M3_RADIOCALL is placed near the glare shield...

thanks for the mods.

The readme still has that small bug...

Line 89:

gauge00     = LZ_AP!KAP140, 0,0,400, 120

Should be:

gauge00     = LZ_M3!KAP140, 0,0,400, 120

In case anyone wants the new EHSI on the F/O side:

1) Extract LZ_M3.cab in "Panel" (or "Panel.1")

2) Make a copy of EHSI.xml named EHSI_R.xml or so.

3) Open EHSI_R.xml with a text editor

4) Use "Search and Replace" (CTRL+H) to replace all instances of "EHSI_L" with "EHSI_R" (no quotation marks) in the .xml file

5) Save and close the .xml

6) Panel.cfg entry for the F/O EHSI:

[Vcockpit02]
//gauge00 = Metro_IIIC!M3_EHSI_R,     100, 70, 822, 900
gauge00 = LZ_M3!EHSI_R,     100, 70, 822, 900

The right hand EHSI should now be controllable by the F/O's HSI control panel.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

With Ehsi mod I run to the rm3 sound problem again. Should I "take out" the sound files and drop them to gauges folder rather than keep them in that folder?

ap turns on/off exclusively with the yaw damper switch with this gauge in place

Hi kdfw_

You should be able to turn on/off the autopilot with the 'z' key (or the on-off switch on my autopilot) which i've mapped to code that toggles the variable that controls the metro's yaw damper switch (in fact you'll see the switch move...)

You can't use the default autopilot's on/off switch because the Razbam system gauge forces the autopilot on whenever the cockpit yaw damper switch switch is on.  Actually the Razbam code leaves the autopilot on when you turn the switch off, disabling only the altitude hold. This will of course leave any lateral mode active, so code in my altitude alerter turns the autopilot off if the switch is set to off, making the autopilot state fully synced to the metro's YD switch.

Regarding softkeys, it's a good idea but there's not much space on the EHSI as I've made the images as large as possible because of my aged monitor and equally ageing eyesight.  The radio callsign area is a possible, I'll give it a shot.

The readme still has that small bug

Thanks for that Bjoern.  Fixed now.

If doing the RH EHSI mod as Bjoern suggested, be sure to also delete the <Update> section as some of the calculations may not take kindly to being run twice.  Note also that the 2d versions are subtly different from the VC versions, so do the same edits in both.

I haven't done the RH EHSI as I'm still tweaking the EHSI and making 2 versions (VC and 2d) is hard enough, let alone 4!

The radio callsign area is a possible, I'll give it a shot.

Quick fix (looks awful I know)

[Vcockpit14]

//gauge00 = Metro_IIIC!M3_RADIOCALL,     100, 280, 900, 800

gauge00 = LZ_M3!KAP140,     100, 400, 900, 400

Added by edit:  found a KA285 that might fit the bill!