Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Decided to get the paintbrush out and repaint one of the Key Lime variants.  Work in progress - still trying to wrap my head around their paint kit.

gjmzzs1.jpg

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Looking good !!  This plane keeps getting better and better thanks guys for all your hard work !!

BruceU

Decided to get the paintbrush out and repaint one of the Key Lime variants.  Work in progress - still trying to wrap my head around their paint kit.

Paint above the white or gray layer, delete the half-arsed "rivet wrinkling" layer(s) and unify all remaining layers above your repaint layer into a single one.

If you're using GIMP, I could upload the source textures for my repaints. Their layer structure is as simple as I could make it.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Is there a new thread that could be started that will host all the mods? I'm starting at the end of the thread trying to work my way back to them. Thanks for considering this. :-)

Hi guys

Anyone know if you replace the autopilot in this bird?

In this thread around here.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Mods:

1) Mine:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6K_xiE2GqmMa3V1SWZtcUJLWFE&authuser=0

2) Lzamm's HSI, Callouts and AP:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dqr1w7880v1fi8/MetroEHSIv1.2.zip?dl=0

3) KDFW's textures:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=19296

4) KDFW's VC light mod:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429877-razbam-metroliner-released/page-27#entry3144419

Links to some more mods can be found in the readme for my stuff.

- E:

The readme for my stuff now contains links to all available mods.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Would be great if somebody could work on an "old style" analogic hsi, maybe an integration of the default caravan one. The new ehsi is a great work ( congratulations) anyway.

Another update to my EHSI/autopilot mod.

- RH EHSI added, linked to NAV2

- Alternative autopilot using pitch hold instead of VS and a rudimentary CWS

Same link as before, see Bjoern's post #430

Another update to my EHSI/autopilot mod.

- RH EHSI added, linked to NAV2

- Alternative autopilot using pitch hold instead of VS and a rudimentary CWS

Same link as before, see Bjoern's post #430

Hi Izamm! Thanks for the great work! I've been flying this great plane and enjoying it a lot! Your mods have made it even better!

I have a suggestion to your already excellent HSI. It seems that the CDI is too sensible. I mean, usually full CDI deflection occurs when the plane is at 10 degrees from the selected radial of a VOR and 5 degrees from a Localizer. Your CDI seems to have full deflection at 5 degrees. Is it possible to fix this?

By the way I'm also very interested in a "full analog"  version of this panel, with an analog HSI and RMI on the blank space left of the EHSI (where possibly a RMI was installed in the plane which inspired thgis VC). Do you think it's possible to do that? Or only the guys at Razbam could do that?

Once again, thans for the EXCELLENT work! 

Best regards, 

Paulo M. Soares

Yes, I will too say thanks  so much Izamm for all your work on the HSI. It's really add to AC. Very well down.

I'm using the Bendix AP with VS and can't capture the GS when I go in APPR mode. As always, I wait until the LOC is captured and keep the plane below the GS. As the GS indicator begins to come down the center position, the AP defaults to a 1800 ft descend. It won't follow the GS. I must manually keep it on track changing the VS. Perhaps I may have missed a thread to correct this somewhere along the way? Any input is appreciated. Thanks so much. Great job Izamm.

the AP defaults to a 1800 ft descend.

Hi Brian, if you open the aircraft.cfg and scroll down to the [Autopilot] section, you can change the default VS value to something else.

It's here :-

[autopilot]
autopilot_available          =    1 
flight_director_available    =    1 
default_vertical_speed       = 1800.0
etc

So you can change that "1800.0" value to anything else, eg, 500, or even 0, in which case, making an Altitude Select change will no longer cause the autopilot to automaticallly start making that change at a preset VS ......   you would set it yourself.