Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Gents, I would like to thank you for the mods to this very nice aircraft and do request some help on the APU/GPU mod.

[a bit later]

I have realized I have used a saved flight for the tests. When I loaded a cessna, started it up shut it down, then loaded the metro it all worked just fine..

Daniel

ok, i really disliked the vc flood light as light splashed all over everything and killed the dark view outside.  

this is what i'm talking about, see the forward window pillars and wipers light up?

idXvb.jpg

so, as i've done with other airplanes, i modified the vc light .fx placement so that the main panel lights up, but nothing above the glare shield:

this is the improved version with the stock vc light file,

//light.6  = 4,  13.11,   0.00,  3.76, fx_vclightsplash

light.6    = 4,  11.81,   0.80,  0.76, fx_vclightsplash  
light.15  = 4,  11.81, -0.80,  0.76, fx_vclightsplash

K794y.jpg

so no more annoying reflection above the glare shield.
using another vc light fx file, this one from realair tduke, the vc light gets a blue tint, looks quite good:

//light.6  = 4,  13.11,   0.00,  3.76, fx_vclightsplash
light.6  = 4,  11.81,   0.80,  0.76, RASDukeT_vclight
light.15  = 4,  11.81,   -0.80,  0.76, RASDukeT_vclight

tnIPV.jpg

how exactly do you do this mod as i have downloaded the vc textures and placed them in the simobjects folder metro 3 and placed the 2 dds files in the texture.vc folder and replaced the 2 dds files with the rs3c and rs 10c textures as included but my wipers above the glareshield are still illuminated and cant see very good at night so this mod isnt working for me and i have replaced the files twice so how do i do this exactly ?

thanks

you'll need to edit the aircraft.cfg, the [lights] section, as indicated in the readme.txt file. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

The manual that comes with this plane is going to make me punch my monitor!!!!!!! The description how to get the autopilot pop up is totally ..............(insert word here)

for the autopilot, just use lzamm's ap and hsi, plus mods by bjoern.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

if interested in changing the elevator trim sound to a 'beep' like the real thing and using the BK_LZ mods, check out

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84216-RAZBAM-Metroliner-for-FSX-P3D-released!&p=941557&viewfull=1#post941557

Hi all, I have been following this thread with interest. I have a couple of questions. First and most important, How does the fuel system works? It seems the metro is only using one tank. When I fly only one is being emptied and when it does get completely empty both engines shut down. Second. When I select an ILS in the Nav one i have to change to GP2 because GP1 gets ILS in Nav 2 and viceversa. It seems to me this is a bug or a problem in my install. Third. The nose up/down in the autopilot does not work. Does the mods fix any of this? Thanks.

Don't know about the fuel tank issue as I don't think I've experienced it.

The ILS and autopilot issues you mention are actually "features" on this aircraft.  However, they are both addressed in my EHSI and autopilot mods.

Thank you. I have discover the problem with my tanks is because of the lack of cold start. I explain: What I did in order to have the plane in cold start was load a plane in that state and then load the metro. It seems the plane I have used had one tank shut, and this particularity is also "exported" when I load the metro. It is fixed now. I will try your mod tonight. Thanks for the work!!

Guest Mik75

I picked this bird up today (JF flight deal + I used some of my JF reward points, so I only paid 5 EUR for it, great!) and only did some patterns in it, tried an engine start from C&D and so on.

One thing I don't understand (even after briefly reading the manual), is how the GPS is used. It has a direct to function, but hitting this button doesn't do anything at all. It powers up properly, showing all the infomation on the different pages, but I am not able to enter any data.

Is it just capable of reading MSFS flightplans loaded from the in game flight planner?

I picked this bird up today (JF flight deal + I used some of my JF reward points, so I only paid 5 EUR for it, great!) and only did some patterns in it, tried an engine start from C&D and so on.

One thing I don't understand (even after briefly reading the manual), is how the GPS is used. It has a direct to function, but hitting this button doesn't do anything at all. It powers up properly, showing all the infomation on the different pages, but I am not able to enter any data.

Is it just capable of reading MSFS flightplans loaded from the in game flight planner?

I have had this aircraft for several months now, and have had the same problem you describe with entering information into the GPS. I have posted on the Razbam forum, and was told that you need to enter a flight plan for it to work. It still didn't for me. Also, you need to have FSX Acceleration; SP2 alone is not sufficient.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Addd me to the list of the GPS problem.  At first I thought it might be a FSX-SE problem, but since some have had similar problem I don't feel as dumb as I thought I was after all.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have had this aircraft for several months now, and have had the same problem you describe with entering information into the GPS. I have posted on the Razbam forum, and was told that you need to enter a flight plan for it to work. It still didn't for me. Also, you need to have FSX Acceleration; SP2 alone is not sufficient.

Addd me to the list of the GPS problem.  At first I thought it might be a FSX-SE problem, but since some have had similar problem I don't feel as dumb as I thought I was after all.

The KLN90B GPS included with this aircraft is just a simple semi-functonal 'mask' of the default FS GPS.    It doesn't allow 'Direct To' entries.    Basically, just load your flight plan into the FSX Planner, and then use the NAV and WPT pages of the KLN90B to monitor your flight.   That's all it allows I'm afraid but at least you know you're not doing anything wrong!

I've personally added a pop-up RXP GNS530 into my Metroliner, to provide better navigation capabilities, 'on the fly'.