Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Has anyone come up with a way to add the Flight1 GTN into the aircraft VC? 

Anthony Cacciatore

Not necessarily.  I agree that you cannot remove anything that is part of the 3d VC model, but I was experimenting with swapping the weather radar display screen with the screen of the GTN.  I managed it get it to appear on the upper left corner of that screen, but I haven't found the proper pixel size to get it onto the full wx radar.

Anthony Cacciatore

rxp gns530 can be placed where that radar is located so gtn can also be placed there like this

xpNDd.jpg

http://www.avsim.com/topic/429877-razbam-metroliner-released/page-26#entry3143618 

however, only the screen will show (can't do anything about the 3d bezel around it) and may need 2d pop up to manipulate the thing if the touch screen doesn't work.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

While not perfect, here is my attempt that allows the GTN into the VC in place of the WX radar.  Still testing with the autopilot coupling.

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$primary_panel3

//gauge00 = Metro_IIIC!M3_WX_RDR_BDX_82,     20, 120, 1000, 768
gauge00 = F1GTN!GTN750VC, 35, 150, 990, 710,UNIT1

Anthony Cacciatore

If these instruments accept XML based variable input, you can link the bezel's buttons with its functions.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hey all. Just got this plane and think it's alot of fun to fly. Had a few questions that the manual doesn't seem to cover. Figured this thread might be a good place to ask them....

- Cabin pressure. The manual doesn't say much. Not really sure how to set it. I see some knobs to twist but not sure what they do. Only mention on checklist is dumping the cabin pressure during pre-flight, but it doesn't say if I should turn it back on. 

- Glide slope ind. I tune in the ILS to nav 2 and it finds it but curious if there is a glide slope indicator?

- Bleed air pressure. Should I keep this on? It tells me 'as desired' but not sure what my desire is! ;)

- Fuel boost. Same with the above! Not sure what to do.

Thanks for any info! :D

My current favourite to fly, especially in the Ameriflight livery.

To answer your questions ...

• I don't set pressurization, as the majority of my flights have been under an hour and I tend not to fly at levels that require pressurization.
  • I always keep bleed air pressure on. Don't know if it makes a difference or not.
  • I turn fuel boost on. Doing so extinguishes the warning lights concerning fuel (I think it's the "fuel xfer" warning light, but I'm not at my home computer, so I can't confirm).

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

From the manual:

BLEED AIR SYSTEM

The engines provide bleed air pressure to the following airplane systems:
Engine and Nacelle anti‐icing.
Air Conditioning.
Hydraulic reservoir.
Suction control (Vacuum pump).
Door seal.
Window defog.
Deice boot.

So yes, bleed air is mandatory, if only for the pressurization of the hydraulic reservoir.

The manual is a bit lacking in this regard, but as far as I understand, the boost pumps supply a small intermediate tank from which each engine gets its fuel. If you shut the pumps off, the pressure/level in the tank falls and the warning lights will illuminate.

Regarding cabin pressurization:

If you want to fly without it, keep your flight altitude below 10000 ft when hauling living things in the back or it'll get uncomfortable for them.

The instruments display (from left to right):

- Desired cabin altitude

- Cabin climb rate

- Actual cabin altitude (outer scale) and pressure differential between outside and inside (inner scale)

Try to keep the differential within limits (within 7.2 psi) and use it to roughly calculate the cabin altitude you require. If you want to cruise at 18000 ft at a 6 psi differential, go for a cabin altitude of about 3000 ft. As for the rate of climb/descent, put it at 200-300 fpm during takeoff and then adjust it for climb rate divided by five or so.

The important thing is that you have the system set up during takeoff and initial climbout. Once firmly established on the first leg and climbing, you can still make adjustments to it.

I can't comment on the ILS as I always use NAV1 for it and put any VOR on NAV2. If you're not seeing a glideslope, check that the runway is actually equipped with one. other than that, there was talk of a bug regarding the nav radios.

Also check the aircraft.cfg for these lines:

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1
Nav.2 = 1, 1, 1

So yes, bleed air is mandatory, if only for the pressurization of the hydraulic reservoir.

Selecting bleed air in the cockpit actually only supplies hot/cold air into the cabin. Most of the systems that use bleed air in the airplane just take it automatically without having to turn on both bleed air switches. 

Hey all. Just got this plane and think it's alot of fun to fly. Had a few questions that the manual doesn't seem to cover. Figured this thread might be a good place to ask them....

Set the cabin altitude to the elevation you're at with the current barometric pressure in mind. So lets say your airport elevation is 500 ft AGL  and ATIS says the altimeter setting is 30.02" (high set low). You need to set your cabin alt to 400 feet. The automatic pressure controller will try to hold that (400ft) until its passed 7.0 psi difference. Then the cabin altitude will start to climb as the airplane does its best to hold 7.0 psi pressure. Just make sure when you're in the descent you pick up ATIS from the airport you're landing at and then adjust from the elevation and from 29.92.

The cabin dump switch is incase we need to get rid of all that pressure at once. (incase of fire etc) But in normal operations we select cabin dump to "normal" on the ground when were ready to takeoff then once we've landed back to "dump". There is actually a squat switch in the main landing gear that holds the cabin dump switch open on the ground incase the switch fails. 

Boost pumps don't need to be on below 12,500 (or something a lot those lines) but the airline i fly for always runs them. Part of our after start checks are to turn on boost pumps. and we turn them off after we land.

Cheers

Isn't a 7 PSI pressure difference awfully close to the 7.2 PSI red line?

No way to set a lower value for an increased safety margin?