Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Hi,

Really wanting to like this plane and devoting some time to working through the mods and updates to make it more realistic in P3Dv2.5. Thanks to all the contributors for their amazing work. The past week, I've been slowly working through Bjoern's modification document.

I haven't installed the 'Weather Radar' because I was already using Roland's one and I haven't installed the 'Load/Save Module' because, and I can't quite remember why, I found that one a bit daunting.

'System Modifications' and 'Switch Sounds' seem to have worked well though and I'm now working through the 'Further modifications' sections.

'Edited Startup Sounds', 'Edited VC Textures' and 'Trim Beep Sound' have all worked and now I'm onto 'New EHSI and KAP140 Autopilot', courtesty of LZAMM.

So far, I have managed to replace LH and RH EHSIs. Both EHSIs appear in the VC and 2D pop-ups and at least visually function as expected. I am currently at the optional stage of installing Arne Bartel's 'Traffic Radar', as per recommendations. My 2) questions are in relation to this:

1) I have added the TrafficRadar.dll file to the Modules folder and edited the dll.xml with the required entry. Are those the only 2 stages to install 'Traffic Radar' I only ask because there is so much other stuff that comes with the download. For example, do I need to add the 'Radar' folder to the 'Gauges' folder (I haven't done this).

2) I think Arne's Traffic Radar might be working but I am not 100% sure. Unfortunately I never tried the Metro in its 'out of the box' SP1 state - I just jumped straight in and started modifying it. As I result, I don't know what to compare to be sure I have Arne's radar 100% working and not just the default radar. Is there a quick way I can check?

I've had a play on the ground and was able to change the 3 TCAS modes (Norm, Above, etc) and I was able to alter the range. A white diamond with a +ve value appeared on the EHSI 'Arc' representing an aircraft above me - but maybe this is just default functionality? The doubts have crept in because while I was sitting on the runway with my engines running, that same AI aircraft attempted to land and got very close on finals before going-around. Even though it showed up on the EHSI display, it didn't change colour once it got close and there were no audible traffic warnings.

I understand full radar functionality requires the Avionics Master and Inverters to be on, so I made sure of this. I also had NAV and COM radios switched on and the GPS too. My transponder was set to ALT if that makes any difference. I wondered if it was an issue with the merged soundfile updates but I was able to get the GPWS audible alerts to work. There is also the nagging doubt that I'm using P3Dv2.5 and perhaps Arne's traffic radar module isn't compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Andy     

Hi Andy,

(1)  You only need to install the dll,the other files are sample gauges that can be added to any aircraft and are not needed by this application.

(2)  If you saw coloured diamonds or squares with altitude figures, then the traffic radar dll is working.   The default display is always a hollow white diamond with no text. If you wish to see what the default display looks like, you can turn the dll off without uninstalling it by editing the dll.xml file and changing the "Disabled" entry from False to True.

The way I test the TCAS function is to slew to just beside a runway and watch AI planes as they land and take off.  You have to be near the middle of the runway as they don't show when on the ground, and the ranges are quite short (and within 1200 ft, altitude, IIRC)

Warnings are suppressed below a certain altitude (can't remember the figure lol) so don't expect any when on the ground. 

I don't have P3D and don't recall other users saying they did, so I can't comment on that.  But your descriptions indicate that the traffic radar dll is working, the sound is working, and the rest is standard xml code.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Warnings are suppressed below a certain altitude (can't remember the figure lol) so don't expect any when on the ground. 

Thanks for the reply lzamm, it's good to know I haven't made a mess of things! I was beginning to worry about the GPWS sounds too because I noticed when I disabled and then enabled GPWS whilst on the ground, I wasn't getting the "whoop-whoop, PULL UP" sound you get at start-up. Your comment above however made me test it in the air and it does work up there, along with the rest of the GPWS sounds.

Onwards with the autopilot upgrade now...

Many thanks,

Andy

Your comment above however made me test it in the air and it does work up there, along with the rest of the GPWS sounds.

That's a bug, it should definitely work on the ground.  I'll look into it when I get back home.

Thanks for pointing that out Andy.  Bug located and squashed.  The file on the usual download link has been updated, if you already have the install you need only copy the LZ_M3.CAB file from the new download and overwrite the old one.

Thanks for pointing that out Andy.  Bug located and squashed.

Fantastic lzamm - really enjoying the Metro now thanks to you guys. Autopilot works a treat too :)

Regards,

Andy

Hi Folks,

It seems I've seen this plane on more than one person's list for "the worst plane ever bought"... It seems some of you folks have taken a serious liking to it (39 pages of discussion) and done quite a bit of work... Little regional turbo-props are right up my alley - in addition - had a buddy flying these for some US defense contracting company out west - so - with all the fixes would this rate "it's a GOOD buy for P3D" or is it more trouble than it's worth ???

Thanks...  

Regards,

Scott

If you want specifically want a Metroliner then this is the best rendition in FSX.

If you just want a turboprop I say forget about Razbam. PMDG J41, Majestic Q400, Aerosoft Twin Otter, Flight1 King Air, Realair Duke are the ones I would be looking at.

Can this be placed in the virtual cockpit? Would be great to have a gps unit above the wx radar that you can enter flight plans manually

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/the-kln90b-for-fsx-prepar3d-in-beta.432845/

RAZBAM is on hiatus too bad I was really hoping they would make it possible to use this GPS in the cockpit or some type of advanced GPS (without replacing the wx radar instead)

A guy can dream I guess.

Theophile:

I refuse to answer support requests via PM because it will not be publically visible and thus of jno use to anyone else.

All advice I can offer:

1) Make sure you've installed the modifications by the readme.

2) Make sure there's an APU entry in the aircraft.cfg, as written in the readme

3) The default APU needs some time to spool up.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

As this is now on sale, I was eyeing it, but this review totally turned me away.  Comments on it would be  helpful.

"Beware of this product - its installer is faulty! Well, not so much faulty as simply very poorly designed. For Steam users in particular, it does not install into the correct directory and you have to painstakingly copy the necessary files to their correct location. But worse than that, the installer fails to correctly insert instructions into the dll.xml file, which means you are forced to edit the file if you want the plane to work 100% correctly (although if you don't do this, it will still at least fly OK). People buying this product should not be put in such a position. It's not just FSX:SE the installer does this with, but the boxed edition of FSX and Prepar3D as well. In short, the installer is badly designed regardless of which simulator you get it for. In view of the installer issue, the RRP is an absolute rip-off."

I have used the plane in FSX (not Steam) and P3D and love it. I had no issues with the installer,

and for $10 it's a steal. The Metroliner is not of the same quality as the Majestic Dash 8

or the PMDG JS 4100, but it is a plane with a lot of character. If you like Turboprops, go

for it.

Peter

No issues with the installer here either. The plane works just fine in it´s category.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I've got the kln 150 mod installed...still find it a bit confusing:

-any tips on the cws? what do you toggle to set the pitch attitude in the ap?

Thanks Bjoern and Izamm for your amazing mods!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Wish they had a short body Merlin IIIC version of this. Just a matter of taking a plug out of the fuselage and upping the engine power some. Easier said than done I guess.