Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

I was going to see if it was possible to get it working in v4 as well.

Have you had any luck Bjoern? I have a friend who flies the metro, so I am able to get some additional information regarding the aircraft.

Haven't touched the aircraft for a few weeks now (no time). I think I was about done with the electrical bus definitions and anti-ice systems. Some more things about the electrical systems need to be done, as well as fixing the load manager. And of course coding everything about the engines.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Please have your Metro driver buddy confirm or deny this:

And ask him what effect CAWI has on torque and EGT/ITT.

RAZBAM only coded a torque increase, but I assume you'd see a torque increase and lower ITT/EGT on the gauges (for increased mass flow and additional cooling).

I am using several of the mods with FSX but cannot get the landing lights to work. They never worked from the beginning before mods. They are lit on the outside of the plane but do not show up on the ground. Any ideas? Thanks everyone for your great mods too.

Could be that the actual landing light event used by FSX is not triggered, but I've found that this only happens periodically. I'm too far away from the Metro to investigate at the moment though.

Hello All

I love this plane but the controls feel a bit twitchy. Even with all sensitivity sliders to the left, the elevator is very sensitive, the plane feels absolutely weightless. 

Do you know a way to dampen control movements to make the plane have some "weight"?

Cheers

Csaba

Bad piloting as the cause aside, these scalars in the Aircraft.cfg can be used for quick tuning:

elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
aileron_effectiveness = 1.0
rudder_effectiveness = 1.0
pitch_stability = 1.0
roll_stability = 1.0
yaw_stability = 1.0

8 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Bad piloting as the cause aside, these scalars in the Aircraft.cfg can be used for quick tuning:

elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
aileron_effectiveness = 1.0
rudder_effectiveness = 1.0
pitch_stability = 1.0
roll_stability = 1.0
yaw_stability = 1.0

Thanks a million, Bjoern. I will fiddle with these settings. By any chance, do you happen to know how to display a Reality XP 430 in the cockpit? I managed to get a 530 displayed, but it is too big, a 430 would just perfctly be enough. I appreciate your help.

Csaba

You can't. The cockpit is mostly 3D, there are no large spaces other than the weather radar screen and the model can not be altered.

20 hours ago, Bjoern said:

You can't. The cockpit is mostly 3D, there are no large spaces other than the weather radar screen and the model can not be altered.

Thanks, so I figured. I did a clean install of the plane, and now the autopilot will not hold the selected altitude. the ARM indicator is on on the selector, the pedestal yaw damper switch is on, but this thing will not hold or acquire any altitude. What am I doing wrong, please?

On 2018. 01. 23. at 8:55 PM, Libra204 said:

Thanks a million, Bjoern. I will fiddle with these settings. By any chance, do you happen to know how to display a Reality XP 430 in the cockpit? I managed to get a 530 displayed, but it is too big, a 430 would just perfctly be enough. I appreciate your help.

Csaba

BTW, which of these parameters influence the plane's sink rate when the throttle is off? I mean even if I throttle off, the Metroliner would not want to sink just glide on forever. I wonder whether any of these lines could be used to make the pplane sink in a more pronounced manner.

Csaba

19 hours ago, Libra204 said:

BTW, which of these parameters influence the plane's sink rate when the throttle is off? I mean even if I throttle off, the Metroliner would not want to sink just glide on forever. I wonder whether any of these lines could be used to make the pplane sink in a more pronounced manner

Lift and drag scalars in the aircraft.cfg, but do you really want to screw up the flight dynamics instead of improving your piloting skills?

The Metro has rather low wing loading, lots of power and a small cross-section, so descents and approaches need to be planned well. Slowing down can be achieved by pulling the prop levers back and poppsing out the gear and flaps (mind the speed limits).