Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

19 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Lift and drag scalars in the aircraft.cfg, but do you really want to screw up the flight dynamics instead of improving your piloting skills?

The Metro has rather low wing loading, lots of power and a small cross-section, so descents and approaches need to be planned well. Slowing down can be achieved by pulling the prop levers back and poppsing out the gear and flaps (mind the speed limits).

What bugs me the most is the tendency to "bob" the nose up and down, even at high AoA, just before flare. If you compare the Metro with for instance DHD8, you see that the former one is very much prone to intensive pivotal movements during landing, which is highly unlikely in the real world.

3 hours ago, Libra204 said:

What bugs me the most is the tendency to "bob" the nose up and down, even at high AoA, just before flare. If you compare the Metro with for instance DHD8, you see that the former one is very much prone to intensive pivotal movements during landing, which is highly unlikely in the real world.

In addition to the above, I encountered a really annoying bug. The red OIL PRESS LOW indicator turns on, and I cannot find the reason why. It never happened before, and I dont do anything different. For the life of me, I cannot extinguish it, I dont know how it can be fixed or made dissappear. Can you let me know please, thanks.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:38 AM, Libra204 said:

Sure you're not fighting the autopilot and that you're coming in too slow?

I never had a problem landing the Metro and use the speeds in the reference cards in the manual. The flare is short because of little wing area, so it's mains -> roll it on -> engage reverse till 40 or 60 knots -> brakes -> done.

On 1/28/2018 at 1:11 PM, Libra204 said:

In addition to the above, I encountered a really annoying bug. The red OIL PRESS LOW indicator turns on, and I cannot find the reason why. It never happened before, and I dont do anything different. For the life of me, I cannot extinguish it, I dont know how it can be fixed or made dissappear. Can you let me know please, thanks.

OIL PRESS LOW should be on when the engines are not running and I have never seen this bug and do not know what code causes it because the annunciator uses a standard FSX variable.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Do you know whether a GTN650/750 can be coupled with the Metroliners autopilot (instead of the default GPS in the plane)?

Cheers

Csaba

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:11 AM, Libra204 said:

I'm not familiar with this aircraft, but I think if you look hard enough in the aircraft cfg files, you find the problem. I once had an annunciator light come on for hydraulic pressure, first for me, and when I went into the cfg file for hydraulic pressure it had an entry, normal_pressure=00.0000, which I knew could not be right, so I looked at what most jet aircraft have for that pressure, and it ended up

normal_pressure=3000.00 which I revised the cfg to reflect! Light went out, all was good. Just take a real close look at the cfg entries, something is setting it off! You might get lucky like I did!

Good luck, and happy flying! - Rick

6 hours ago, Libra204 said:

Do you know whether a GTN650/750 can be coupled with the Metroliners autopilot (instead of the default GPS in the plane)?

Come on, please leave that stupid thing out of at least one airplane out there!

6 hours ago, Libra204 said:

Cheers

Csaba

Yes it does - functions perfectly using the Metroliner's autopilot!

Bill

On 10/14/2017 at 0:05 PM, Bjoern said:

I need a diagram for or at least some info about the electrical system, otherwise it'll be assumptions.

As far as I understand:

• Left essential bus: Powered by left generator bus or battery bus (right generator bus if bus tie is engaged)
  • Right essential bus: Powered by right generator bus or battery bus (left generator bus if bus tie engaged)
  • Non essential bus: Powered by ??? or ??? (??? bus if bus tie is engaged)
  • Some subsystems (e.g. pilot flight instrumentation, windshield heat) powered by left or right essential bus with switches to assign each individual component to either the left or right essential bus
  • Items using AC: RMI, ADI
  • Items using DC: Rest
  • Generator bus overload trip: 325 amps
  • Engine start voltage while on battery power: >22V

Bjoern,

Are you still looking for a diagram?  I have access to some old SA-227 Flight Training Manual if needed?

Cheers,

Millzy 

12 hours ago, John Miller said:

Are you still looking for a diagram?  I have access to some old SA-227 Flight Training Manual if needed?

Too late, the buses are in. Based, in part, on the associated circuit breakers.

Nope.

Working on something to fix that, but my motivation to go on is at the bottom of a very deep gravity well at the moment.

Thank you, I have been searching for a proper POH for the Metro. Are the any free dowloadable copies around?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Libra204 said:

Thank you, I have been searching for a proper POH for the Metro. Are the any free dowloadable copies around?

No. Otherwise, I've wouldn't have had problems recreating the electrical system.