Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

I will think about this manual later.

BTW, what is the function of the SRL switches on the left console? They have three positions, why?

Hi, I've seen this aircraft is discounted to only 10 dollars on their site! Is this aircraft still worth the buy despite its age. I am aware it would not be compatible with P3D V4, which is the exact reason I still have an install of  FSX:SE Laying around. Also is there any major bugs which I might want to look out for?

I'm mainly eyeing down this aircraft for FSEconomy, as it is a very useful aircraft there.

• Like 1

It's not perfect (high memory consumption due to large textures), but for only $10, there's not much risk involved.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Thank you very much every one who has contributed to making this cool little plane better! I'm late to this party, but am enjoying learning the aircraft's systems very much.

Dudes!!!! after beating my head against the wall for a couple days I fingered it out in 2018
go to your SDK folder in FSX SE and find C0RE UTILITIES KIT then SIM CONNECT SDK then LEGACYINTERFACES then activate the three programs found there FSX-XXXX
if you have the done the other stuff in the dll.xml file correctly you will love this very accurate plane
I have over 3000 hrs real world flying in Metroliners

Does CAWI have any influence on torque or just ITT/EGT on the real thing?

Edited by Bjoern

At some point when ambient temperature is high enough, you can't reach full torque for takeoff power - you become engine temp limited, and you set that.   If you can't meet calculated, required takeoff torque for runway conditions, CAWI becomes an option.    You have to engage it at a low torque power setting, as you will get an immediate jump in torque and drop in temp, and then you push it up to takeoff power.   It's a pretty consistent change when you engage it, I don't remember exact parameters.   It would be cool if a current Metro guy could send you a vid of the gauges when this happens.

Someone correct my memory, on typical usage I think I got 20% additional torque and 200 C decrease in temp - but that's variable with ambient conditions.

Edited by Barfly

On 4/4/2018 at 4:54 PM, captmercy said:

Dudes!!!! after beating my head against the wall for a couple days I fingered it out in 2018
go to your SDK folder in FSX SE and find C0RE UTILITIES KIT then SIM CONNECT SDK then LEGACYINTERFACES then activate the three programs found there FSX-XXXX
if you have the done the other stuff in the dll.xml file correctly you will love this very accurate plane
I have over 3000 hrs real world flying in Metroliners

That makes the Metro compatible with P3D v4?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

11 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

That makes the Metro compatible with P3D v4?

Absolutely not.

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

Absolutely not.

Thanks.

The Metro is one of three aircraft that are the only reason FSX:SE is still installed on my system haha.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Question out of left field - I've purchased the dual platform version of  the Metroliner. Installed in P3D V3 (as it should). Thought I'd have a go in FSW. I've got it to appear. It sits on the ground, flies etc, can even see inside the cockpit. But, no landing gear! (or it's got the special skunkworks top-secret invisible landing gear!). Do I need to modify one of the cfg files to point to a particular file for landing gear, or is it looking for a file that is available in FSX but not FSW? Would appreciate any advice.

Cheers, Duncan