Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's $45.. You're looking at the FSX/P3D bundle.

http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=84

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Ahh, that's more like it.  Still, is it worth it?  It's basically simple avionics right?  A cargo hauler you'd typically file /A with?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Man, this looks mighty good - I'm tempted........Anyone have experience with Razbam eg. support, updates, fixes?

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Your first impression. How is the sound?

Regards

Real

Real Deraps

I'll copy paste what I wrote in the P3D forum thread about this, as it still applies.

I have no interest in this as it's just not my type of aircraft. But I must say that's pretty fair price (assuming the aircraft is quality) for the dual license bundle for the users who desire such a thing. One of the first I've ever seen offering such a thing. Whether or not there is any general development difference between the two on the backend, no idea, but from a licensing standpoint it's pretty fair considering the small base who would want such an option. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Man, this looks mighty good - I'm tempted........Anyone have experience with Razbam eg. support, updates, fixes?

Cheers,

Pete

This...

And any hi res screen shots mainly of the cockpit?  I can't seem to find any.  I see the old FB beta ones... but most on a google image search are small or highly compressed.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Anyone knows if Razbam is planning on releasing the Metro on Just Flight's store as well?

oooh! This looks GOOD! I've always wanted a metroliner, first aircraft I witnessed operating a commercial flight into my local airport.....
Anyone have any experience with Razbam?

I don't have experience from this final version yet, but as I purchased the beta version I can say based on it this plane is definitely very well done... Cockpit looks beautiful and it seems to fly very nicely, especially in turbulent weather it can be a real challenge as somehow this is one of the few birds out there that seems to react properly into heavy turbulence.

And any hi res screen shots mainly of the cockpit?  I can't seem to find any.  I see the old FB beta ones... but most on a google image search are small or highly compressed.

I've been sorta following it and here are some shots that have been posted on ADX over the past couple months. I've been duly impressed since I saw the first cockpit shots, the VC looks spectacular to me. Apparently they've somehow modeled prop tip vorticies as well, that appear under certain meteorological conditions.

Remember that most of the shots in these posts are beta shots and in no particular chronological order:

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2013/09/metroliner-getting-close.html

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2013/08/metroliner-payload-manager-video.html

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2013/11/razbam-metroliner-has-even-more-tricks.html

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2013/11/razbam-metroliner-beta-02-our-own.html

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2013/11/more-metroliner-progress.html

Razbam isn't new, mostly they've done military aircraft till now, AV-8B Harrier, A-7 Corsair II, Grumman A-6 Intruder for example. Pretty well recieved by the FS community in the past from what I've seen so I don't think there's any need to worry about them as a company.

I've done several RW flights on these between KCOE and KBOI back in the late 80s/early 90s when Empire Airways used them for scheduled service between the two cities. "Bart", my beloved beagle even got a ride on one! All I know for sure is they were ugly, I froze my a$$ off every time I rode one, and this model is definitely on my list of must-haves (if/when my new graphics card ever arrives). :smile:

Jim

so far its mixed ive installed it and had some problems

The Installer wiped my dll.xml clean and reading around and speaking to a few people it has done it to them as well, so back up your dll.xml files

Im not sure where the manual is, however im still looking for it

And the most frustrating part, when ever i switch to the metro, i only get 5minutes of play before something shut downs the engines or a system and the thing falls out of the sky. Ive also found that this happens on the ground at idle, so im not sure whats the go there

With that frustrating problem, I cant not restart the engines, Crtl+E doesnt work or the engine start button in the VC so it just sits there teasing me

However the nasty bits that ive found so far out of the way

Nice textures, nice sounds, (thats about it since i cant use it for more than 5mins at a time )

I really hope this is sorted soon

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

The manual installs to a Razbam folder it places at C;\users\yourname\appdata\local

Just completed a 45 min familiarisation flight without any apparent problems.  Forgive the stupid question but how would I tell if its borked my dll.xml ?