Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I like it a lot. I have been playing with it during the beta releases. Nice flight model, good graphics, decent sounds and enough complexity that you need to read the manual. It's a winner for me. It has "personality".

Just read on FB page, manual and paint kit are found in a RAZBAM folder under Documents. If you bought the bundle, then the manual and paint kit have a separate installer (installs under docs as well).

Next Razbam addons are the EMB 120 and then the Saab 340. Looking forward to them.

I think it borked mine. Have a look at this and how do I fix it.

The easiest way to find out if your file is "borked" is to start up flight sim and and open the addon's menu on the main menu bar, if you are missing things in it, then yes it has wiped it

to fix it, its simple

open up the folder where the dll.xml lives in, its the same one as the fsx.cfg. A lot of addons now these days create a back up of these files when they install. Use the latest back up

If you are sitll missing things, find the addon that is missing and go in search in the installed folder and look for a program called module installer and run that one for each of them

it took me about 5 mins to restore it

however you then need to add the razbam entry,  i prefer to use the notepad when working on the the dll.xml, i simplely right click on it and select edit, however you may need to asign notepad to it first

then add the following to the end

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>RAZBAM Metroliner System Control</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Addon Modules\MM3SM.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

Any idea when the Metro might leave beta?

Released last night.

www.razbamsims.com

As far as I can see the start locks are not simulated...kind of bothers me. Don't mean to be "that guy" but it is a big part of the TPE331 engine. 

Thinking on getting this one... I like it's shape, although deemed 'ugly' by some. Lol.

As far as I can see the start locks are not simulated...kind of bothers me. Don't mean to be "that guy" but it is a big part of the TPE331 engine.

Yes, a Brindabella Airlines check flight had some issues restarting after an in-flight shutdown because of confusion about the start locks.

See ATSB 200404589.

How is this compared to the PMDG JS41? That has the garret too I believe.

TPE331 is the Garrett. So you are correct in saying the principles of the JS41 and this are the same. The start locks however are not simulated in this add-on, and the feathering isn't quite right. Visuals are very well indeed and the flight model is nice. I can't justify completing a flight with it as the start locks and feathering isn't correct. If you can look past some of the realism then it's a great aircraft. 

I have some problems with my Metro.

Always after about 10-20 minutes both engines shut down and i can not restart them. No fire, no warnings. EGT is under 650°...

any idea?

looking at the prices again.. 15$ difference just for p3d 2 isn't far fetched?

As far as I can see the start locks are not simulated..

You may be right, and this was certainly brought up my beta users.  But check the manual that comes with the document folder:  it does mention how to get the stop locks in place, but it certainly is not the technique used in the J41, and it doesn't seem that the engine catching fire if you try to start without the start locks is simulated.

Apart from the start lock problem, how does it rate against the PMDG JS41?

You may be right, and this was certainly brought up my beta users.  But check the manual that comes with the document folder:  it does mention how to get the stop locks in place, but it certainly is not the technique used in the J41, and it doesn't seem that the engine catching fire if you try to start without the start locks is simulated.

Checked the documentation. It outlines the same procedures required to start the JS41. Lets not forget here that the Metro and the JS41 have the SAME engine. Meaning the same procedures are required to start it. Albeit the JS41 engine is a larger variant. Unfortunately they just aren't modelled correctly. 

Has anyone also found that when moving the prop levers that the engines are very "jumpy?" Not a technical term but the surge and do some very weird things. It may just be the way it's mapped to the Saitek throttle. 

Yes I have the problem but I'm using the keyboard. I'm also having problems starting the engines. My ignition light is staying on so I have to press the start button again to turn if off . Very strange.

I'm a little biased, having flown Metros for about four years, but it's definitely better than the J41 IMO.   A completely convincing, well equipped and functional interior, with pretty much everything you could get in a late model, heavy Metro.   For a new release of a relatively complex aircraft, there's not a lot of bugs and only a few compromised functions.  A decent if not (yet) perfect flight model, certainly better than the Bronco or J41 in that respect.

Like everyone, I wish it was possible to code a perfect facsimile of a Garrett for FSX, but as mentioned it hasn't been done yet.  Start locks and low speed lever rpm use/range aside, Razbam did an excellent job capturing the sound, performance, and proper engine gauge readout at various power settings.

I'll post further observations after flying /navigating a few hours.

Yes I have the problem but I'm using the keyboard. I'm also having problems starting the engines. My ignition light is staying on so I have to press the start button again to turn if off . Very strange.

I think that's the start fuel enrichment light not going out.

Looks like the price just went up to $50.00.  I've never seen a price increase just after release like this.  May have to pass on this one.  Not sure yet.  I was ready to buy for $45.00 now I gotta think a little more about it.

$70 big ones for P3D bundle now...at this rate it's gonna cost hundreds soon.  Better but it now!  : )

Looks like the price just went up to $50.00.  I've never seen a price increase just after release like this.  May have to pass on this one.  Not sure yet.  I was ready to buy for $45.00 now I gotta think a little more about it.

$70 big ones for P3D bundle now...at this rate it's gonna cost hundreds soon.  Better but it now!  : )

Yeah that was a bit of a surprise, I was holding out for a proper review and then suddenly they raised the price.  :wacko:

That's a dumb move IMHO.

At 45 it crossed my mind (but still a bit pricey).

At 50 no thanks. 50 bucks for a simple aircraft with no special avionics?

Hmm, yes I agree. Overpriced.. for 10$ higher, you get the much more sophisticated Q400.

Only the first 100 customers got it for 45$. It says on there facebook page.

I really wonder about 3rd party developers sometimes.......first 100 customers? What nonsense.