Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Hmm, I have a good WX radar from another plane, Carenado's Piper Malibu jetprop. Wonder if i could replace the default one with it?

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$primary_panel

gauge00 = Metro_IIIC!RM3_SYSTEM,    1,1,1,1
gauge01 = Metro_IIIC!RM3_BLINKERS,  1,1,1,1
gauge02 = Metro_IIIC!RM3_BLINKERS2,  1,1,1,1
gauge03 = Metro_IIIC!RM3_BLINKERS3,  1,1,1,1
//gauge04 = Metro_IIIC!M3_EHSI,      100, 70, 822,900
gauge04 = LZ_M3!EHSI,      70,70,870,900
gauge05 = RAZBAM_MetroIIIC!RM3_RSET,  1,1,1,1
gauge06 = Metro_Mods!RM3_Custom_BK, 1,1,1,1
gauge07 = DSD_FSX_XML_Sound!Sound, 0, 0, 0, 0, .\Gauges\RM3_Cockpit_Sounds\BK_LZ_merge.ini

Any flaws?

I have my FSX in its own drive, not in default location.

Nurmblitz, I had the same problem. I tried everything, and I was still getting the same error. As a last resort, I edited panel.cfg again, except this time, I deleted all the CR/LFs until the next line (an FS Captain gauge, if I remember correctly) was immediately after the gauge07 line, with no spaces, as so:

gauge07 = DSD_FSX_XML_Sound!Sound, 0, 0, 0, 0, .\Gauges\RM3_Cockpit_Sounds\BK_LZ_merge.inigauge08= etc. etc. etc.

Then I pressed Enter twice, resulting in a blank line between gauge07 and gauge08, as so:

gauge07 = DSD_FSX_XML_Sound!Sound, 0, 0, 0, 0, .\Gauges\RM3_Cockpit_Sounds\BK_LZ_merge.ini

gauge08= etc. etc. etc.

This seems to have solved my issues (crosses fingers). I don't know why, though, other than the fact that there may be extra unseen characters at the end of the line that are somehow causing confusion in the parsing of the line and that deleting everything and adding two Enters seems to have eliminated the issue.

Cheers!

Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Done.  Just replace the newly downloaded cab file (link repeated here)

The "VS in altitude selector" may not be what you expect but that's what you get on the KAS297B.

However, the metroliner just cries out to be flown in pitch, not VS, like all small planes and indeed the early airliners (Tinmouse anyone :) ?)  I've included my efforts so far in this direction in the cab file, with some notes if anyone would like to try it out.

Hi Izamm,

wow, this works great!

i think a decent dual channel ap retrofit is realistic for the metro, and with an addition of the rxp gns530, it's up to date with your typical ga a/c.

one thing i tried was to make a LPV appr to see if vert guidance would pop up in the ehsi, but didn't see it.

also, these ehsi guauges do eat some frames in complex scenery areas, both razbam and new improved versions.  maybe about 6-7 frames hit compared to ehsi gauges commented out at orbx pnw kpdx.  guess my machine is running out of headroom.  any way to consume less cycles by throttling back on gauge update rate or getting rid of the fsx stock 'map' pages?

just for giggles, i deleted the gps and tcas sections in the ehsi, eshi_2d.xml files and saw frames go from about 21 fps at 1s2 in pnw to 30 fps.   of course no map nor tcas in the ehsi but i use the rxp gns530 so not an issue.  

thanks.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

just for giggles, i deleted the gps and tcas sections in the ehsi, eshi_2d.xml files and saw frames go from about 21 fps at 1s2 in pnw to 30 fps. of course no map nor tcas in the ehsi but i use the rxp gns530 so not an issue.

Yes that's the issue but it's only a couple of frames on my system so not only isn't it much of a problem but seeing improvements is difficult.

I've reduced the rate to 1-in-6 (3Hz) and also set the map Priority and UpdateAlways to zero which gave me a frame or so back, so you can try the updated cab file if you wish.

Regarding the vertical deviation indicator, you must have a gps flightplan loaded (not direct-to, for some reason that doesn't give the airport altitude even if the direct-to waypoint is an airport), also it only works for the flightplan itself not the approach.

H/U: There are now two fictituous paints from me available on SOH and Flightsim.

As good as the aircraft package is, the paintkit is not.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Yes that's the issue but it's only a couple of frames on my system so not only isn't it much of a problem but seeing improvements is difficult.

I've reduced the rate to 1-in-6 (3Hz) and also set the map Priority and UpdateAlways to zero which gave me a frame or so back, so you can try the updated cab file if you wish.

Regarding the vertical deviation indicator, you must have a gps flightplan loaded (not direct-to, for some reason that doesn't give the airport altitude even if the direct-to waypoint is an airport), also it only works for the flightplan itself not the approach.

Hi Izamm,

thanks for that, fps impact is now very small.  yes, i was using a gps fltpln in the rxp gauge.

----------

i uploaded a texture set for the metro at sim-outhouse, it should go live by tomorrow.  the mods are cosmetic, here's the list:

LC Busre

Fuselage.dds LC Busre texture mod to match actual aircraft (bare metal around front windows, door lines visible)

Misc1.dds LC Busre texture mod to darken glare shield and curatin color

VC

Metro_RS_1C.dds VC sidewall textures changed to gray plastic from nasty red faux leather

Metro_RS_3C.dds VC front panel with "SAS" marking next to the buttons

Metro_RS_4C.dds VC window frame given slight blue tint to indicate glass

Metro_RS_8CL.dds VC light map to show "Xflow" and fire extinguisher at night

Misc

Misc3.dds rear tire texture color lightened, wheel diameter increased to match real size

Passengers.dds passenger textures slightly darker tint to reflect in-cabin shade

pilot_color.dds pilot textuers slightly darker tint to reflect in-cabin shade

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

JRMurray, your trick worked. There had to be an extra stroke in that cfg-line. This was a nice christmas present.

yes, i was using a gps fltpln in the rxp gauge.

I believe the rxp gps is separate from the fsx gps (dont have it myself), if it doesn't set the gps variables (such as the beautifully named FlightPlanWaypointRemainingTotalDistance) then the VDI won't come on.  For the VDI to come on, you must have:

- FSX GPS flightplan active (not approach)

- on active leg (don't move the aircraft, otherwise the distance to run will include the distance to any missed waypoints)

- distance to destination less than 3 * height in 1000's of feet + 3nm

- metroliner gps switched on

- nav/gps set to gps

JRMurray, your trick worked. There had to be an extra stroke in that cfg-line. This was a nice christmas present.

Wow! Great, Nurmblitz! Glad to hear that! Merry Christmas! :-)

Oh, and Happy New Year, too.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)