Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Looks like the price just went up to $50.00.  I've never seen a price increase just after release like this.  May have to pass on this one.  Not sure yet.  I was ready to buy for $45.00 now I gotta think a little more about it.

$70 big ones for P3D bundle now...at this rate it's gonna cost hundreds soon.  Better but it now!  : )

Yeah that was a bit of a surprise, I was holding out for a proper review and then suddenly they raised the price.  :wacko:

That's a dumb move IMHO.

At 45 it crossed my mind (but still a bit pricey).

At 50 no thanks. 50 bucks for a simple aircraft with no special avionics?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmm, yes I agree. Overpriced.. for 10$ higher, you get the much more sophisticated Q400.

Only the first 100 customers got it for 45$. It says on there facebook page.

Only the first 100 customers got it for 45$. It says on there facebook page.

I really wonder about 3rd party developers sometimes.......first 100 customers? What nonsense.

I really wonder about 3rd party developers sometimes.......first 100 customers? What nonsense.

I returned a Q400 this afternoon intending to purchase the Metro. The Metro bundle and the Q were both $60. With this price increase and some of the issues that others have mentioned I'll wait a while before I jump in.

Very silly strategy doing the 'first 100 customers' stuff IMHO. From my perspective today is the first day ive heard of this product and in the 3 mins its taken to read the thread the price goes up??

Ive had one (admittedly early) Razbam product before and was not impressed so definitely not jumping on this bandwagon at this price, for something that might wipe my DLL.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I was ready to purchase this, but wiping a dll file, that's cruel. I'm even more surprised that the download wasn't pulled immediatly after this became known.

It is worrying that there are so many addons that tamper with defualt files without asking permission from the user first. Every addon should come with full disclousure as to what is altered and installed where.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

This is awful marketing strategy. Everybody knows that the first 10 or 100 really is infinite when it comes to software, its not like they are gonna run out! What did they do with the extra orders, numbers 101,102 etc, did they return money lol?

This has succeeded in only pxxsing people off

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

What?  They offered the Metro at $10 off for the first 100 purchasers?  That's really bad marketing for downloadable software.  I think a better plan, if you want to offer an initial sale, would  be to give the discount for a specified length of time.  I guess the real winners are those who paid $45 for the beta version and can obtain the final version as a free update.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hmmm... would be interested in this one - kind of strange to me that nothing is stated about the release on their webpage - except when you go to the store. Only release info is on Facebook... They don't even have a dedicated product page or an image gallery and (according to FB) they released it 3 days ago. Bad marketing - especially considering that they obviously put some work into this simulation (at least what I can see from the pictures on FB).

I'll wait and see...

GG

Yes.. I also think their marketing lacks. You can't find proper screenshots, videos etc'. It gives you a vague feeling of the product you're trying to buy.

Razbam should have spent some time updating their web site with photos instead of spending time gaming their pricing model. They have to persuade people to buy it first.   Am I the only guy that doesn't use Facebay?

What?  They offered the Metro at $10 off for the first 100 purchasers?  That's really bad marketing for downloadable software.  I think a better plan, if you want to offer an initial sale, would  be to give the discount for a specified length of time.  I guess the real winners are those who paid $45 for the beta version and can obtain the final version as a free update.

The real winners might be those who take their Christmas money and try the NGX or Q400.

• Upvote 1

I really wanted this at $45.00 since I had my mind set on it at that price.  Now, it has hit the psychological "over $49.99 keep the credit card in wallet unless it's a really strongly vouched for terrific product stage."  I'll wait for the sale. 

Price increase?  Why?  To cover the restocking fee? 

Was interested in this for P3D2 but between the missing start locks (which, if I recall correctly, Aerosoft also modeled on their Bronco) and the pricing, my interest is cooling rapidly.

• Upvote 1