Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam just released Metroliner for P3D v2

Just curious, what special features that make this a P3D2 native version? Any advantages of being P3D2 native over a FSX port?

Curious also and I think that's where any 3PD needs to questioned. Are they putting in additional work and features, or just trying to gouge the consumer?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Agreed, if it's just another 'point the installer directory to Prepar3D2' addon, then I'm not really interested. But if it's built from the ground up for P3D then I'd be willing to give it a go. I suspect it isn't though, which is probably why it's bundled with FSX.

Agreed, if it's just another 'point the installer directory to Prepar3D2' addon, then I'm not really interested. But if it's built from the ground up for P3D2 then I'd be willing to give it a go. I suspect it isn't though, which is probably why it's bundled with FSX.

Ed Haslam

native version not a port.

Just curious of what exactly that means and what addition features the P3DV2 model has over the FSX model? Thank you.

Just curious of what exactly that means and what addition features the P3DV2 model has over the FSX model? Thank you.

It might mean its has been compiled with the P3D SDK instead of the FSX SDK. Regardless, I find the bundle price to be way too steep for me. But it does look great ^_^

Yep, a P3D2 only version would make me buy it. As it is I'll probably not bother unless it gets good reviews.

Ed Haslam

All the Razbam site states is:

The RAZBAM SA227-BC Metroliner for FSX/Prepar3D includes the following amazing features and innovative functions:...

There's no mention of any differences between to two versions

It might mean its has been compiled with the P3D SDK instead of the FSX SDK. Regardless, I find the bundle price to be way too steep for me. But it does look great ^_^

Yep, a P3D2 only version would make me buy it. As it is I'll probably not bother unless it gets good reviews.

Yes. It was compiled with P3Dv2 tools and the materials were reworked as well. You will CTD FSX if you try to use the P3Dv2 version in it.

There is a single P3Dv2 License as well. If you go to the single license product, at the bottom you have to choose between FSX or P3Dv2.

The bundle option was created because there are people who want to use the aircraft in both FSX and P3Dv2. It would be unfair for them to purchase the same aircraft two times just to have both versions. This way they can have both at a discount.

Thanks for pointing that out, it's still a bit pricey for me, but maybe I'll give it a go at some point.

Ed Haslam

Would love to hear from anyone who's bought it how it performs in P3DV2.  Decent frames?  Good atmosphere?  Any gotchas?  Am eager to try it - I like the versatility (pax/cargo/medevac), and I'd love to be able to fly good payware that's native, rather than ported or jammed or finessed or EMT'd into P3D, but given the price, I wouldn't mind some word of mouth.  If there's none, I might just take the leap, but if there is, please post away!  Thanks in advance...

Man...their website is a mess. Any links to this product with pic's etc.?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Any links to this product with pic's etc.?

Only on Facebook, as far as I can tell.

Additional complicating factor - it seems that the price just went up.  Initial price was apparently just for the first 100 customers.  Odd marketing strategy, to say the least.  That and a couple of other issues raised in this thread.  Have to admit I'm downshifting into wait-and-see mode on this one for now.