Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Anyone remember this sim?

Airline Pilots Flight Simulator Coin-Op Arcade Game  :lol: (ready-built home cockpit?)

SEGA Airline Pilots is a extremely detailed and authentic airline pilot game, simulating a commercial Boeing 777 aircraft.

Released in 1999 and designed in collaboration with pilots and engineers from Japan Airlines, this flight simulator uses an analogue joystick, rudder pedals, a realistic dual-thrust throttle control, landing gear and flap controls, and features photo-realistic graphics on 3 monitors.

Complete with adjustable seat featuring force feedback, steering pedals, control switches and a beautifully constructed flight stick. Sitting in play position gives you a terrific feel for what it would be behind the controls of a real plane. The game presents you with two choices -- training or free flight. Training takes you through a series of basic tests aimed at testing your overall proficiency as a pilot. These range from simple takeoffs and banking to hazardous flying, with simulated engine failure and bad weather conditions. In free flight you just stay up in the air as long as possible by flying through a computer generated course.

Training disables most of the flight controls leaving you simply to steer the aircraft with the flight stick. The full-on simulation, means as well as steering you'll have to worry about throttle control, flaps, undercarriage and pitch & yaw adjustments. Great stuff! Thankfully, the game doesn't' expect you to know exactly when and how to use these controls as friendly on-screen text and speech guide you through the whole process.

What makes Airline Pilots so special is it's quirky, addictive gameplay and absolutely breathtaking feeling of control. When guiding your huge aircraft through a marked air corridor even the slightest wisp of movement on the flight stick gives instant and satisfying feedback as the plane gracefully responds to your input.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I saw this game in Brighton, UK on the Brighton Pier a couple years ago.  I did not try to play it.  IT was incredibly noisey in the game room.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I saw this game in Brighton, UK on the Brighton Pier a couple years ago.  I did not try to play it.  IT was incredibly noisey in the game room.

Game rooms/Arcades, like children, have "noisey" in the design specs.......  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

They had Sega's Airline Pilot at the local Dave & Busters for years and years... burned more than a few credits in that I must say.