Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

FBW trim issue, fixed for SP1 or not?

I notice, that in the pinned bug list, the FBW functionality issue still resides in the "under investigation" category. This is despite the fact that many items have been recently added to the "fixed" category.

I recall that Ryan said the trim issue had been fixed.

So has the trim issue been fixed for SP1 or not?

This is the main issue for me, really hope it's been addressed.

I don't think he kept that thread up to date at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric 

I am interested in an update to the FBW fix as well!

The FBW model being all wrong takes all the fun in handflying this 777 :-(

This is the biggest problem the 777 has in my opinion.

(besides the 777 freezes and CTD problem that is, but I dont have those problems).

SP1 without a FBW fix is nothing.

FSX is still a flight simulator so the first thing they need to do is make sure this 777 actually flies right!

I hope someone from PMDG can give us some info here on how it looks with the FBW system.

Rob Robson

I don't think he kept that thread up to date at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Actually it has been kept up to date. I've kept an eye on it. But the trim issues have remained firmly in the "under investigation category.

For the great unwashed like me, what are the FBW issues you speak of?

Relates to the trim. Rob above is a real world T7 pilot, himself, me and a number of others spotted that the trimming of the T7 was wrong. PMDG have said they are looking at it, in fact I recall Ryan saying it had been fixed.

The T7 should trim just like any other aircraft. Auto trimming by the fly-by-wire should only occur as a result of config changes. Speed changes are trimmed just like any other aircraft. In the PMDG T7, it will auto trim speed changes if you let it, this is wrong.

PMDG tell us that they misunderstood certain information supplied by Boeing.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418721-question-about-trim-on-final-777/page-4

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421374-flaring-becomes-a-mision/

And... they also said this was a trivial fix, given the structure of their systems simulation, so, I am sure it'll get fixed for SP1 !!! :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And... they also said this was a trivial fix, given the structure of their system simulation, so, I am sure it'll get fixed for SP1 !!! :-)

Yes, they did indeed say it was an easy fix.

That's why I'm asking, because plenty of amendments have been made to the bug list. But the FBW wire issue has remained in the under investigation category.

That's why I'm asking, because plenty of amendments have been made to the bug list. But the FBW wire issue has remained in the under investigation category.

I understand your point... I just don't want to think that, maybe, after all... it wasn't that simple :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I know what you mean. :smile: That's what worries me. It rang alarm bells when I noticed it hadn't been transferred to the "fixed" list.

This has kept me away from the 777 since the launch. I've been waiting anxiously for the SP1 since, but I trust PMDG will bring us the proper modeling of this system, they're the best at what they do! Let's wait.

Alexis Mefano

I wish they would kick SP1 out the door rather than waiting to release with the -300.

I read somewhere that they had re-written the FBW from scratch due to the issue, but hopefully resolved it.

777 is in the hangar for the same reason posted above - kills the ability to hand-fly.

Best regards,

Robin.

Robin and Alec... yes, same for me. There's something about knowing that a major aspect of the flight model is totally inaccurate, that put's me off flying it. I won't fly it again until it's fixed.

I agree Alec, we can wait. But the fact that it's in the "under investigation" section, when other bugs have been addressed and transferred to the fixed category rings alarm bells. I'm posting this hoping that PMDG will take the time to reassure us that it has indeed been fixed.

I read somewhere that they had re-written the FBW from scratch due to the issue, but hopefully resolved it.

What Ryan said was that it was a simple error that resulted in a significant issue, so no major alterations the FBW. I must admit, I was very surprised by that comment.

Wow, it really amazes me someone would park an excellent addon because of a small bug while flying other aircraft which contain far more inconsistencies compared to real world.

I guess you left your NGX in hangar too because of wrong cockpit geometry?  :rolleyes:

I actually quited flying it because it is probably the most gorgeous aircraft I ever bought for FSX, well, together with the Majestic Q-400 which I also own and really enjoy now.

I am saving it for moments when I really have the time to put into a few detailled flights in this superb add-on. And since I acknowledge the problems with the FBW, and indeed they become very irritating, because it's not really an Airbus logic, but it isn't either the Boeing one, rather something - strange - in the middle... I then prefer to wait and be able to fully profit from an

updated model.

In the meanwhile I am making short range flights in the AXE, Q-400, and sometimes the NGX too :-)

Main Simulation Rig: