Sign in to follow this  
khiball

MSE tile placement

Just beginning to install FSX from FS9 what a job, anyway I like Blue Sky Scenery and am also buying MSE v2, my question is there away to tell were MSE tiles are placed in the state, I really don't need the whole state installed just were BSS doesn't cover, hoping to save a little HD space. Thank you all for a great forum. Ken

Ken Heibel

I think only the developer may have this info... but even then, depending on how it is compiled, this info may be hard to ascertain anyway.... but most of the files are ordered alphanumerically, and I believe the scenery starts in the top left of each coverage area (as per a map of the state/country) and then fills in the areas from west > east, then drops down a line, and again runs west to east.... sort of like typing this reply... start top left, reach the end of the line on the right, drop down to next line... that is how the scenery coverage is mapped out I believe.

So, if you want to remove say the bottom half of a state or country, it would be the bottom half of the files if they were listed top to bottom by filename in alphanumerical order. Of course, if you wanted to remove say a western border running down a western state line of the USA, for example, this would be much trickier.

Now, this is just going from memory... so please dont take it as fact. Always make backups of your downloaded files before deleting or moving any etc etc!

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Not knowing which State khiball has in mind, I am wondering whether the sequencing might vary from State to State.

In the early part of this year I had a problem with a patch in the north-west corner of PA appearing as default scenery instead of MSE2. The same thing happened on both of my computers.

I always install my MSE2  products from a back-up disk. On checking the files installed, I noticed that many of the "B" alpha-numeric ones were missing. The PC Aviator Australia manager (the author of the post above) volunteered to supply me with a replacement disk which solved the problem.

In the course of me looking for a possible cause, the MegaScenery CEO told me that "the installers run in..(an),,east/west fashion".  I was told that the process starts at the top of the State and runs across.

the MegaScenery CEO told me that "the installers run in..(an),,east/west fashion"

I think this was typed in error by the CEO. It should be West > East

Dean

Thanks for the info, Utah and Arizona is were I'll be filling in I thought that the earlier version of MSE had the tiles sold separate with a map showing location, will email MSE and see if they can help or just install 1 area at a time and see were it takes me, New game its all fun to start all over, Thanks again, Ken

Ken Heibel

Thanks for the info, Utah and Arizona is were I'll be filling in I thought that the earlier version of MSE had the tiles sold separate with a map showing location, will email MSE and see if they can help or just install 1 area at a time and see were it takes me, New game its all fun to start all over, Thanks again, Ken

Yes, MSE v1 was sold in smaller parts via a map so it was possible... but v2 is compiled and sold differently (full states) so it's not the same. Installing small parts or single areas is probably the best way to go, in conjunction with utilizing the info I mentioned above.

Dean