Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Could not resist the lure of the $13.98 on sale-- B58!

Ah!! I see. You are using HDR. I was wondering.

I know that some will turn off the FPS 'rat out' when they are in really dense renderings and grabbing the screen shot. I don't, because transparency is of the utmost. Again though, even with my last grab dropping down to 13 FPS, the sim (XPX is amazing in its use of hardware) flew as though I had 22 in FSX.  I actually can go as low as 12 FPS before I do get some of the dreaded jerk of other platforms. Also, in final thought, only when I come to custom LPPT, do I ever go below even 18 FPS.  Lisbon at my settings, is a killer to render its business..but the output is so worth the system's effort to produce it... 

If you look at the FPS counter on any of the other places upon the XPX planet that I have flown near/over...I mostly stay within a few spike up, spike down of 29.9.

That's right, J, you are from those parts. Hey..I just landed across the bay...how bout we meet up for some great ethnic dishes and wine, from Portugal, and you show me the sights...., virtually speaking of course, lol!

We could easily, in RL or over the net :-)

I never used X-Plane online though. 

In RL I work right in the middle of LPPT, and live on the other side of the river, which I cross by boat most of the time, or car throught the Vasco da Gama bridge, beautiful in your photos and in this excellent scenery created by a Portuguese living in the UK :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

OK guys - you convinced me - that and the fact that just as soon as I started reading about the B58 here, Carenado kindly reminded me, via email, that the sale goes off tomorrow.  My wife is going to tell me, again, that she doesn't like to fly....  But I do, and have been flying this thing for the last hour or so...  beautiful.

John

John Wingold

Well I did not get the B58 but I got the C337H instead.  ;-)

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I get pushed around enough IRL!

John

I hear you John, I hear you! :lol:

Well I did not get the B58 but I got the C337H instead.  ;-)

I have them both!

IMO .. the essential Carenado's are (in no special order); the C185 with bush extension, the C208 with cargo, the C90B (and every KingAir thereafter), the B58, the C337, PA34, the C340 and of course the C172 .. I have the both Bonanza's as well and they're a lot of fun and great GA models.

Cheers, Kris P.

I

IMO .. the essential Carenado's are ..., the C340 and of course the C172 ..

Why the C340? I must admit that it is one of my least favored Carenado planes.

And while not a Carenado plane in my GA planes the Grumman Traveler has really established itself between the C90 and the Carenado Baron 58. While all Carenados have their place those three are my top 3 GA planes.

I take it you're running some kind of extended scenery outside of the default or something like HD Mesh v2?

Yes, This LPPT (Lisbon, Portugal) can be had off of the .org for a freeware download,  All my grabs have HD Mesh v2.0, SkyMaxx, and UrbanMaxx 3D (with the P.P.P. custom texture installed to be had from of of the developer's site as freeware)

The lake shots in this set are stock XPX.25 and inside Switzerland. 

We could easily, in RL or over the net :-)

I never used X-Plane online though. 

In RL I work right in the middle of LPPT, and live on the other side of the river, which I cross by boat most of the time, or car throught the Vasco da Gama bridge, beautiful in your photos and in this excellent scenery created by a Portuguese living in the UK :-)

I have never been to Portugal, but my mother and a old school chum of her has. She said that it was a most unforgettable experience.  My mother (she passed in 2000)  and  I had a passion for old cathedrals (from the Gothic era, on up...) as I grew up, and where ever we visited (my dad was bored to tears (lol), she and I would take in all that we could.  Some of my fondest memories were when my mother and I would tour the church interior at length, and then sit near the front pews and perhaps just meditate, quietly, the each of us in prayer and quiet mediation and introspect for 15 minutes among the peace of the interior, before leaving.  I certainly intend to visit the nation of Portugal in full retirement, and will be carrying on our tradition of seeking out the glorious religious architecture of each city. (My wife understands EXACTLY how her father-in-law felt...(wink))   Oh well...each to their own, and it is one of those cherished memories you have in interaction with either parent as you grew up, and for myself, the times mom and I would just walk up and into the interior of the cathedral....glance up, take all in...and enjoy an immense peace that descended upon the both of us. I will carry on that tradition when I come to your great country...with my  dear mother beside me in spirit! My wife will probably be at the beach...or enjoying a bistro until I rejoin her...(smile).  As they say, "..it is...what it is!"

Cheers!

Mitch

One aircraft that is flying under the radar , so to speak is the Cessna 182Q

Has an IFR  panel and well rendered and sounds are great

about $10

ZORAN

One aircraft that is flying under the radar , so to speak is the Cessna 182Q

Has an IFR  panel and well rendered and sounds are great

about $10

I have an affinity for twin props and twin jet powered.  You know what..what the heck...I'm going to go to Carenado, and load up the rest. Heck, for the price of just going out myself for a meal with a beer...I can fill the hangar out at these sale prices...going to FSX 'out' as well... :)  Live now..for tomorrow is promised to no one!  And..I am having so much XPX and FSX fun...TODAY! :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Hon...this internet personality called Zoran, MADE me do it....compelled me to do it...and I was simply powerless to resist... Blame him/her....and pity me...."

Yeah...I'm going to run with that....and give it a pass by.... ;)

I have an affinity for twin props and twin jet powered.  You know what..what the heck...I'm going to go to Carenado, and load up the rest. Heck, for the price of just going out myself for a meal with a beer...I can fill the hangar out at these sale prices...going to FSX 'out' as well... :)  Live now..for tomorrow is promised to no one!  And..I am having so much XPX and FSX fun...TODAY! :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Hon...this internet personality called Zoran, MADE me do it....compelled me to do it...and I was simply powerless to resist... Blame him/her....and pity me...."

Yeah...I'm going to run with that....and give it a pass by.... ;)

:dance:

ZORAN

Zoran...my wife is now out to find you....be scared...be VERY scared.... LOLOLOLOL!

I just finished picking up from the sale, 7 planes for for the cost of about one good add on scenery. 

They are about to be taken to their prospective hangars.  2 for XPX, 2 for FSX, and 2 for FS9!

Over the last two days, I have purchased 8 planes...and the doors to the hangars are now being closed,....

What a great sale at the big 'C'....ho...ho...and fly.......!

Uber Happy Camper

I just finished a flight with the Cessna SkyMaster..WOW...what a plane!  I had purchased this for XPX and FS9, but when I flew this plane in both platforms, I just had to go once more to Carenado, and grab it for FSX!  

What a great VFR platform...no obstructed view from the cockpit...handles like a dream, and the sounds of the push/pull props have a real bite into the air, with great timbre nuance at any proper throttle setting. I see why other user's recommended this plane!  Great to have it across all platforms. :)

Unobstructed viewmanship...here I come!

Why the C340? I must admit that it is one of my least favored Carenado planes.

Not really sure ... I think because I used it a fair bit in FSE while waiting for the C90B, and it certainly has the legs IMO ... I used the the default C90B a fair bit as well until the Carenado version came out.

Already have almost all of their planes for FSX/P3D but this was a really great opportunity to "port" some of them over to my X-Plane hangar. I now have for XP10: C172, F33A, C337, C185 (+bush expansion) and B58.

Two favorites I'm still waiting for are the Jetprop and T182T, those would be great in XP10.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP