Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

REX4 screen troublesome / crashing

Seems to take forever to pop up the main screen, then another few minutes to accept the path I chose to FSX, and then another few minutes to change button choices

What am I doing wrong

So far Im hopefull this will be resolved by some kind member

In the meantime I have not been able to install any textures as the screen has crashed a few times or I've closed it out of impatience

I must have made an error?

But where? Installation was OK no problem

I would not be posting this if I were not a bit upset at this

I mean I've just now clicked on the Themes button and I get the swirly "wait" icon of Microsoft, with no action so 2 minutes thus far have gone by....Since then it has crashed anyways....???

I hope it is just me and not REX4

No smother than butter here.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The REX forum I saw here was discontinued

No smother as butter here.

THANKS

then I will uninstall/reinstall on C\: instead of K:\ that might be why

then I will uninstall/reinstall on C\: instead of K:\ that might be why

Worth a try. I installed a few hours ago and have not has any issues at all, using it in FSX and P3Dv2. The notable thing with REX4 is the speed of loading and even better, the texture loading time, which is near instant.

Is your FSX reg path ok? as REX detected my install of both FSX and P3D without needing to point it anywhere. Might be worth using the Flight1 reg tool to make sure the path is correct.

Make sure to run as admin by right-clicking the exe and selecting RUN AS ADMIN. Also, make sure that you have given REX and/or FSX proper permissions through your firewall if you have one running.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

did the run as administrator

Reinstalled REX4 on C:\

did the registry fix by Flight1

not running a firewall or anti-virus

STILL hangs forever

I get the pre-screen cloud thing, then a black square for a few minutes, then the main screen with no paths filled in, and touching anything puts it in limbo again for a few minutes

I do get a large RED stripe that says

post-111328-0-15720300-1387650004.jpg

Does anyone know if I can get a refund for this broken REX4 ?

\

Got it at SimMarket

It's not broken, it's your end, or a bad DL.

Un-install

Re DL

Try again.

GL

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It's working fine for me.

To ensure proper installations for any and all FSX/P3D addon products, ALWAYS...

1. Run the setup executable with "Run as Administrator" whenever possible.

2. Disable your Antivirus during setup.

2. If you are running FSX or P3D as the Administrator, run any addons as the Administrator.

3. If you are required by the developer to run the program as the Administrator, always run it as the Administrator.

Like Dave said, it's definitely on your end. Even if you get a refund for REX4, how can you be sure that any other addons will install or run properly unless you fix and diagnose this problem?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I have not had any similar problems in the past

Just installed ASN a few days ago...no problems at all

Sounds like you don't have .NET 4.5 framework installed correctly.