Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

REX4 screen troublesome / crashing

My NET is listed as version 4.5.1 on the 02/12/2013

I have been pondering reinstalling Windows 7

I would just stay on Win8 but I cannot reinstall P3DV2 there

I wonder if I should uninstall NET 4.5.1 and get another install from microsoft

I wonder if I should uninstall NET 4.5.1 and get another install from microsoft

REX 4 includes the runtime/distributable for .NET 4.5 in their product ... look for dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe ... right click it and "Run as Administrator".

The only confusing part about the REX 4 install is that it install SQL 2012 Express as their database engine.  Not bad, just unusual and does induce additional end user install overhead (read more things to go wrong on the end user side) as that installs as a Windows Service (and all the end user rights that need to go along with that).  Don't get me wrong, I like SQL server (I use it in my professional life) but was never a fan of deploying the Express version to end users.

I did a "repair" from the 4.5.1 installer

I am going to reinstall REX4 for the third time after i complete this second download (prob waste of time if SQL and my system are incompatible)]

I have an idea, going to install on Win8 and see if it behaves

If it does behave, maybe a reinstall of Win7 is in order

What I do not like is there is no Read_Me file for installation. You are left on auto and to take care of yourself.

Experiencing issues here as well.. the radio buttons and tick boxes refuse to work.

It worked fine in my Win8 partition but due to install restraints, P3DV2 is not registered there.

So I installed textures into P3DV2 (a win7 install though) anyway by supplying the path manullay, adn will check that out later to see them

I fixed the problem I mentioned I had earlier.

Looks like custom themed win 7 can cause conflicts with rex 4 interface. The solution: switch to a default aero theme, basic one or perhaps rex guys can fix it. First time I encounter an issue of an app conflicting with a windows theme. I bet it's an easy fix.

*By custom themed, I mean seriously custom.. different window frame, buttons etc'. It's not based on the default aero theme, which is why the problem arises.

We can better assist you over at our support forum than here. http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums

This is not really the area for support.

How can you keep on saying this when I visit it says:

You are not allowed to visit this community.

And yes I got a new password, and yes I tried since early this afternoon to contact the administrator and no one has since answered my querry, so why is that? And is that what you call support?

allen

I fixed the problem I mentioned I had earlier.

Looks like custom themed win 7 can cause conflicts with rex 4 interface. The solution: switch to a default aero theme, basic one or perhaps rex guys can fix it. First time I encounter an issue of an app conflicting with a windows theme. I bet it's an easy fix.

*By custom themed, I mean seriously custom.. different window frame, buttons etc'. It's not based on the default aero theme, which is why the problem arises.

That I will try

Peppy, you have to post to the order verification thread. After that, they make you a 'verified user' and you can begin posting. Setting that aside, I had a problem with their forums, when I first signed up and couldn't post to anything, not even the verification thread. If nothing works, I suggest pitching James a message on facebook and he will sort it out. Not sure if it was just me or some bug in the forum. Luckily, REX support is very good and I was patched up rather quickly!

This is all I can get as far as I can try

post-111328-0-47127700-1387673486.jpg

If nothing works, I suggest pitching James a message on facebook and he will sort it out.

Well I am NOT going to go looking for him this is getting boring !!!!

Yes, I agree. I also thought it's silly to resort to facebook for fixing a forum access problem. A bit hard to expect that from the average customer.

Peppy, looking into this right now for you, very sorry for the troubles. Will report back.

Update: Peppy, your IP was blocked for spamming. I have now removed that filter and you should be ok. Please send me a private message here on the forum here with your order details and I will verify your account so you have full access.

Sorry for the troubles, sometimes IPB forum is touchy this way!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Peppy. Go to the REX forums. In the General Support forum you will see a thread for you to enter your name, order number and source you purchased the application. Once you do that and it can be verified that you have a legal copy of the application, you will see a green "verified" under you name and you may access the support forums.

Please keep  in mind they are very busy dealing with other new customers and it make take more than a few seconds to get verified.

Also, please read the pinned threads in the General Forum. They are there for a reason.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.