Sign in to follow this  
paula

question online flying

I flew a lot in fsx but now I am switched and up and running within x-plane , I search for a small group of people I can fly with.

There is no LAN connection as in fsx so my question is:

where do you fly together?

I would like to fly with smaller airplanes like an-2 or flyet c172 the latest one.

So vatsim and ivao are not my first likes because you need the atc and for my simple flying It is not necessary.

Any ideas are welcome.

I am from the Netherlands so if you know usa or canada then I hope they fly during the day.

thks in advanced

Paula have you done an internet search for online flight simulation or something similar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well, I should know how to help, but I really don't...

Tomorrow (sunday) I'll dedicate part of the day to a compilation of posts about graphics settings, for Nvidia users, and will also try to find out more about online flying in X-Plane 10.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Paula,

Bravo Zulu for searching before posting, wish more would do that, not because of the posts but because that's where the real information is - not just the opinion of someone you don't know.

I'm not an X-Plane user, but I'm aware of a handful of active groups for that platform. Thing is, it doesn't matter if a group is X-Plane or not, as the main online flight networks cater to FSX, P3D and X-Plane (and a few more). Flying is flying, it doens't matter what the individual platform is.

I've run one type of group or another for the past 12 or so years, and been a part of many others. I recommend you find a group that does the type flying that interests you. Don't be concerned with the individual platform (FSX, P3D, X-Plane), and look for people who you can learn with.  It would of course be great if they also used the same platform, but that isn't strictly necessary.

I hope this has been helpful to you.  Best wishes... I hope to see you as a leader in flight sim community one day - we need them!

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I think there should a hosting multiplayer in X plane 10. I think i did see it in the demo version. or as DaveCT2003 says search for a group.

BTW you can fly on Vatsim or IVAO when there is no ATC online , there is always some traffic happening. Just file a Flight plan and say your intentions that's it. 

I fly in the Netherlands (from India) always fly from EHAM to Seppe VFR.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I found epoch va which is bushflying.

Is there someone who knows a little more about a network which they uses.

It is called NETFLIGHT.

as soon as connected the simulator crashes.

any idea

I flew a lot in fsx but now I am switched and up and running within x-plane , I search for a small group of people I can fly with.

There is no LAN connection as in fsx so my question is:

where do you fly together?

I would like to fly with smaller airplanes like an-2 or flyet c172 the latest one.

So vatsim and ivao are not my first likes because you need the atc and for my simple flying It is not necessary.

Any ideas are welcome.

I am from the Netherlands so if you know usa or canada then I hope they fly during the day.

thks in advanced

Paula,

Flying online on IVAO or VATSIM, does not require ATC at all. You just need the interface to connect to the network that's all (of course you need to register to Ivao or Vatsim). If an ATC is online, good, if not, then you do some auto information on 122.800 and fly. So you can invite some friends to fly on Ivao or Vatsim and enjoy.

Xsquawkbox is for Vatsim and XPX 64 bits.

X-Ivap is for IVAO and XPX 32 bits only

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

I found epoch va which is bushflying.

Is there someone who knows a little more about a network which they uses.

It is called NETFLIGHT.

as soon as connected the simulator crashes.

any idea

I think there is a plugin required

http://flyingwith.us/NetFlight/NetFlight.html%C2'>

I am still telling you also fly vatsim & ivao and fly when there is not ATC , you can check if the ATC online

vatview.com

webeye.ivao.aero

Xsquawkbox (I think they have released the 64 bit)

X-Ivap

why don't you want to fly with an ATC ? are you still learning or practicing ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I installed a plugin but crashes each time

I figured out that the culprit is gizmo

I can switch it off but then I miss the latest sky addon

ATC is not for me anymore due to the fact I have to ask each sentence to repeat because I cannot hear the high tones

nowedays.

I installed a plugin but crashes each time

I figured out that the culprit is gizmo

Mo it isn't. It was a wrong define by Laminar, which caused a hidden compile error. And if another plug-in like gizmo dared to allocate memory the system crashed. XSquawkbox was later updated so that this bug no longer occurs.

to be honest I dont understand your answer

I have enabled and disabled one for one the plugin's

and it turns out that with disabling gizmo the NETFLIGHT works well.

In any other case it is not.

It has nothing to do with Xsquawkbox I dont use it up till now.

So what do you suggest me to do?

The ivap plugin is 64 bit now. The sound is really clear, like a telephone call. Or you just connect to ivao and find an apt with no atc. Its really fun to use an online network,because of all the traffic you see and hear around you.

-Roland

to be honest I dont understand your answer

I have enabled and disabled one for one the plugin's

and it turns out that with disabling gizmo the NETFLIGHT works well.

In any other case it is not.

It has nothing to do with Xsquawkbox I dont use it up till now.

So what do you suggest me to do?

Paula,

I just installed netflight and have no issues connecting to the network with Gizmo64 active.

You need to post more details.

Operating System, X-Plane version, are you using 64 bit? ... and most importantly, make a post with your Log.txt file attached after you have crashed the simulator with Gizmo installed.

The log.txt file will name and shame the plugin that crashed the simulator.

I understand that it may feel like Gizmo is at fault but the Log will tell you the real story.

Longranger's posts can be expanded to this:

When Gizmo64 is installed it reserves a certain amount of RAM for itself.

This can cause other plugins to crash because a bug was found in the X-Plane Plugin SDK.

It is neither the fault of Gizmo OR the other plugin, it's just an annoying software bug.

When Gizmo64 is removed, the "other plugin" (be it netflight or squawkbox) is not in the same place in RAM and does not hit the bump in the road.

As posted above, if you provide your log file we can see more clearly where the real fault lies. Netflight may need an update as the X-Plane SDK bug has been fixed in the last month or so... Netflight has not been updated since March last year.

Hope that helps.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

thanks for the reply, i had removed netflight but gave it another try.

now I can get in and there is no crash anymore.

so  the culprit was not gizmo but probebly a wrong installation.

b.t.w do you know how i can reach netflight?

I discribed two weeks ago but dont hear anything.

furthermore do you know if there will be an update for the plug/