Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Help a guy decide on F.O. Software

I don't know how it works with MCE but one HUGE flaw of fs2crew is sdk error usually followed by messed up checklists when You load previously saved flight. Except for that - software is über cool and if You are considering it for PMDG I give my recommendation.i bought full Christmas pack with NGX emergency (didn't use it yet though, need to master base first) and airbusX version. It isn't that expensive for how it delivers. Voice recognition problems is a myth if You read manual which covers this issue and made few speech recognition trainings. I adore natural voices and in this case fs2crew is the KING.

I have the 737ngx fs2crew but I may buy this package while its on sale for all the other products I don't have. I find the fs2crew product for 737ngx to be well worth the money given the amount of time I spend flying. I want to get the emergency package as well, so that I can simulate failures with a copilot. Have recently picked up the airbus, but given that it comes with a copiloit and cabin announcements I am still trying to decide if I want to upgrade to fs2crew.

You might want to check out FroogleSim's YouTube video on the Airbus extended and fs2crew. I believe his summation was that fs2crew adds an element of realism to AEX.

Thanks Olli. I do have an active post about my full-screen issues on their forum. I actually didn't mean that I truly regret the purchase, but I am not the happiest camper yet. Time will tell.

So after NOT using the built-in checklist and co-pilot features, and NOT using FSX's pushback feature since each time I do it ends up in a crash, I am at FL370 in the Airbus using MCE.

This is actually cool man! Had to do a few things myself (maybe until I train it us recognize my voice better) but all in all, this is a pretty good experience with the Airbus. When it started he kept rambling about the crossfeed but it finally stopped. I remember reading about that somewhere. Anyway, it seems better as if there is someone there to talk to. I like this!

I will now surf to find out what limitations there are with the NGX using MCE. Still going to have to cough up some mula either way but I do like MCE's price best of the two.

You will find that MCE and the NGX is great value thanks to the SDK. You can create your own emergency flows and procedures yourself. It already came with engine and apu fire procedures, and I know some people have create hydraulic and pressurization emergency procedures with it as well. One package, and you can do so much with it. I use it on the Simcheck A300 (it actually gives you an active flight engineer with voice control) and the Coolsky DC9. I just tested it on the Captain Sim 727 and he can set heading, altitude and radios straight off the pack. And of course, the Majestic Dash8 is another great interaction.

Sent from my Mobile thing

You might want to check out FroogleSim's YouTube video on the Airbus extended and fs2crew. I believe his summation was that fs2crew adds an element of realism to AEX.

Ive watched the videos already. I'm not really sure its enough of an improvement over the default co-pilot to justify the expense. I am still learning the airbus so I will wait and see if its a plane I stick with flying over the long term. 

+1 More vote for mce.

Can't fly without it anymore.

If you want you can copy emergency scripts from the Ifly into NGX as per aircraft (identical planes).

For cabin crew i'm using DrV and Dave Herky's sounds.

John

John Cramer

I have seen Froogle's flicks. Did some reading and checking and I have made my decision. I have never used voice control so this will be a very new experience. Hope it doesn't become too habit forming where I forget how to fly on my own. Just the other day I was saying to a guy here that I was not ready for voice control. Well, here I go...

I bought MCE and am downloading it now. Thanks to all who gave their input. When I saw a video of a guy using it with the NGX, it sold me. He had problems getting it to do the right things sometimes but he didn't say the command clearly and I can understand that unwanted things can happen. I definitely can.

So, there I was, at FL370, using the locked MCE with the A321 when my wife was talking to me and I forgot to mute the mic. Well, everything went tango uniform and I couldn't recover. I have no idea what the dude pushed but he pushed it good and I am not trained on the Airbus enough to know what all the warnings meant. All those perty red words and that horrendous noise the Master Caution/Warning was making told me, in no uncertain terms, that we were done for. Couldn't save her, sir! Parachute worked well though.

Note to self: Program a button on CH stick for PTT, rather than having open mic from now on!

Actually, I'm not really that ignorant but since I have had so few flights in the A321 due to some issues with the software that I haven't ironed out yet, I didn't know what all the warnings were trying to tell me. I looked at the overhead and all seemed fine (nothing glaring as to what got turned off or whatever he did) so I kilt 100 or so souls on that one. Actually, I haven't crashed anything for quite some time and I will not count this one against my record. CTL+c is my friend at such times. Didn't feel like flying her upside down like on that movie 'Flight'.

I have seen Froogle's flicks. Did some reading and checking and I have made my decision. I have never used voice control so this will be a very new experience. Hope it doesn't become too habit forming where I forget how to fly on my own. Just the other day I was saying to a guy here that I was not ready for voice control. Well, here I go...

I bought MCE and am downloading it now. Thanks to all who gave their input. When I saw a video of a guy using it with the NGX, it sold me. He had problems getting it to do the right things sometimes but he didn't say the command clearly and I can understand that unwanted things can happen. I definitely can.

So, there I was, at FL370, using the locked MCE with the A321 when my wife was talking to me and I forgot to mute the mic. Well, everything went tango uniform and I couldn't recover. I have no idea what the dude pushed but he pushed it good and I am not trained on the Airbus enough to know what all the warnings meant. All those perty red words and that horrendous noise the Master Caution/Warning was making told me, in no uncertain terms, that we were done for. Couldn't save her, sir! Parachute worked well though.

Note to self: Program a button on CH stick for PTT, rather than having open mic from now on!

Actually, I'm not really that ignorant but since I have had so few flights in the A321 due to some issues with the software that I haven't ironed out yet, I didn't know what all the warnings were trying to tell me. I looked at the overhead and all seemed fine (nothing glaring as to what got turned off or whatever he did) so I kilt 100 or so souls on that one. Actually, I haven't crashed anything for quite some time and I will not count this one against my record. CTL+c is my friend at such times. Didn't feel like flying her upside down like on that movie 'Flight'.

There is an MCE forum with lots of help, but Dave Herky has mastered the art of using MCE. Look up his videos, and get in contact with him for hints and tips. I learnt lots!

Sent from my Mobile thing

Why, thank you for the tip. I did see a Dave Herky video yesterday and I think it might be the one that clinched the deal.

I truly appreciate everybody's help on this. It's all good and I'll spend most of the day messing with this program (between honey-do requests of course).

Why, thank you for the tip. I did see a Dave Herky video yesterday and I think it might be the one that clinched the deal.

I truly appreciate everybody's help on this. It's all good and I'll spend most of the day messing with this program (between honey-do requests of course).

Welcome aboard Dolph98

If you've installed the Ultimate Edition after initially going through the Aerosoft locked MCE edition, you need to restore to factory settings.

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

That will force you to go through the wizard again, but you don't have to perform speech training this time.

Wizard will ensure pre-made scripts for various aircraft are copied to the relevant folders.