Sign in to follow this  
spilok

REX 4 installation question

Is it important to uninstall REX Essential Plus BEFORE installing REX 4 or can you just install over the old versions?

Stan

REX Texture Direct is a separate program. No need to uninstall Essential especially if you use REX Essentials weather engine. REX Texture Direct is a texture program not a weather engine.

If you don't use REX Essentials weather engine then yes you can uninstall essentials it wont cause any issues.

Cheers  Doogie

REX Beta Tester

Thanks.  Although I don't use the Weather Engine in REX, I'll keep it on the desktop.

Stan

a friend of mine  have a problem:i when he launch rex 4 direct texture and after setting the first things the texture category don't show up: only appears the interface of rex 4 without anything can you tell me how to fix this problem?

p.s.:sorry for the bad english i'm not english

a friend of mine  have a problem:i when he launch rex 4 direct texture and after setting the first things the texture category don't show up: only appears the interface of rex 4 without anything can you tell me how to fix this problem?

p.s.:sorry for the bad english i'm not english

Come to our support forum, we'd be glad to help.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I have rex essential +OD installed and I'm going to install rex texture direct, without uninstalling previous rex ess+od, as suggested.

What happens to the old textures from rex essential + od, when installing the new ones ?

Thanks a lot for your kind help

Raphael

Raphael- Please accept my apologies from the late response. Installing REX 4 textures will merely overwrite the REX Essential Textures you installed into FSX.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Raphael,

As a heads-up, today Service Pack 2 for Texture Direct was released. Simply use the Check For Updates button within the Texture Direct interface. Make sure you follow it through until SP2 has been installed.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Install the fixes and updates. Earlier version's interface does not work with all resolutions and screen aspect ratios.

I have essential +OD, how much difference is the new texture direct from essential? Are there any comparisons that can convince me upgrading/not upgrading?

Danny F

just purchased from simmarket. unzipped but setup file does not do anything. Thanks in advance

btw, Rex Texture

just purchased from simmarket. unzipped but setup file does not do anything. Thanks in advance

btw, Rex Texture

First you need to go to here to get verified   first than you will be able  to get  support

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15044-support-forum-verification/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg