Sign in to follow this  

Floating houses

I reported this bug to LM, appears to be present going back to V1.3.  But wanted to confirm others see this?

e07cb3982fdd5cd820bae6dad0b326e3.jpg

Me too. It would be helpful with coordinates though so we could double check if this is a permanent bug or a glitch. I've had this in FSX as well when running at extremely high settings.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I've even seen that in FSX a few times: had to do with the system being overloaded: restarting the sim solved it. Doesn't mean this is the exact same problem in P3D 2.0 of course.

This is nothing new. It is a legacy ESP bug. You can find posts dating back to 2008 about this. They arent permanent. Restart the Sim and they're gone.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Actually, it looks like changing views can sometimes correct it.  Yes, it does appear to be a long long long standing bug ... wonder why it's never been addressed?

Location doesn't seem to matter, I've experience the floating houses all over the Global.

There is an issue with the round earth model in FSX and later that causes generic buildings to float in some places. No solution has been found other than to replace them with library objects.

Sent from my Sony Xperia with Tapatalk 2

The sun of the raising house....

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

I've seen this in FSX a number of times.  I've only seen houses do this, and they're always 1000 feet AGL.  I've got a key mapped to reloading scenery, and this has corrected it every time I've tried it.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Zach at LM seems to think it's related to threading timing issue ... at least that's what I understood from his response to this problem.  If it is, it'll be very difficult to track down and resolve.

Yes I get it too. It is one of those things "ported over" from FSX, although I have seen it a lot more frequently on a % basis in P3D than I did in FSX. Opening and closing the menus will get rid of it in P3D. Or you can just fly slaloms through them. Kind of fun...

- Bill Magann