Sign in to follow this  
FINXPAS

AirTrack iPad app and P3Dv2: Windows 8.1pro

P3D is totally awesome using iPads !!!  :O ... and iPhones !!

Even better if you have a couple of iPads and also works with iPad version 1 ! 

It works with multiple concurrent iPads and even your iPhone LOL !!!

mfd4.png

== Installation: == (Its a manual installation copied and modified for P3D)

Step 1
Download the Airtrack Gauge for Flight Simulator X v1.6 

Step 2
Turn the Flight Simulator off and copy the file airtrackFSX.gau in the directory 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\gauges

Step 3  (requires administrative rights)
Backup missionpanels.cfg in the gauges directory. ie: rename it to missionpanels.cfg.old

Insert the line:
      Window10=AirTrack 
in the file P3D_DIR/Gauges/missionpanels.cfg just after the line:
      Window09=Countdown 

Step 4
add the following lines at the end of the file:
     [Window10] 
     size_mm=25, 25 
     window_pos=0.01, 0.01 
     background_color=0,0,0 
     ident=10099 
     visible=1 
     update_rate=10 
     gauge00=airtrackFSX!AirTrack, 0, 0

Save the file (You will probably need to save the file to your desktop and then move it back to the GAUGES directory). Important: Make sure you save it as a CFG file and not a TXT (if you are using notepad). Saving it from notepad, make sure you save is as an 'all files' and not a TXT type file or else It will tag a TXT extension to your file.

Step 5

Restart P3D and change your view to Cockpit (not virtual) and a small square with a plane should appear on the top left of the P3D screen. Depending on your resolution you may need to hide the menu bar to access it (right click and choose hide menu bar). Click on the image to activate the connection.

In window mode you should see the mention: P3D with WideServer: 1 connected on the title bar.

Step 6

Turn on your iPad AirTrack app and you should see the connection (under Device Location Services): It will show: FSX on 192.168.1.xxx. Click on it to link to your simulation... and Voila !!!

Notes: port used for COMS is 2424. might need to open it (I didn't need to)

:Whistle: Is this APP Eula compliant ?

... the features on this are spectacular regardless. You can remote control P3D from your iPhone. Radio stack control from your ipad ...awesome. Auto-pilot features wow !

Going to test flight plan loading features :)

yes, I have been using Airtrack app on my iPad for quite some time now. It's a great app, love it. My only wish is that the author do better layout/texture etc so displays of MCP and radia rack etc look better and more professional. Of course this is totally cosmetic issues. Functional wise the app works great.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Thanks for the instructions!

I followed what you said on Windows 7 premium, 64-bit, P3D v2 and they work perfectly. Wonderful to have AirTrack working with P3D!

If anyone else is following these instructions, just a little clarifying in bold red below that may help you get there quickly:

Step 1
Download and install the Airtrack Gauge for Flight Simulator X v1.6 

Step 2
Make sure no Flight Simulator is running and copy the file airtrackFSX.gau from the default installation (FSX Gauges) directory and copy it to the directory 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\gauges

Step 3  (requires administrative rights)

Copy and paste the missionpanels.cfg in the gauges directory so there are two of the same file and rename one of them to missionpanels.cfg.old.

Then continue to edit the missionpanels.cfg as instructed... 

Again, thanks for the help. I was thinking I may have to buy the FSX to P3D migration tool for this. I still may have to for something else, but not for AirTrack.  ^_^ 

Amazing how quiet the forum is about this terrific app.

I have purchased this app two days ago and i am very pleased with the results sofar. I fly with the NGX in FSX and just started discovering the 757 in X-plane.

Although it is not a 100 % exact one-to-one sync between the glass of the aircraft and what the iPad displays there's still enough to be enjoyed.

I believe that you should be able to export a flight plan (from PFPX or FSBuild for example) to an FSX flightplan format and load that in somehow. So if your flightplan in the NGX matches that of flightplan in the AirTrack then you should be OK for the better part of the flight. But as soon as you'd change the plan in the FMC you will not see the changes reflected.

So there are limitations but this provides a very inexpensive (relatively) way to create a glass cockpit.

The main beneifit i have noticed is how smooth my landings have become since flying with this, because you can keep your eyes on both the attitude indicator + looking out of the window at the runway. That is a novel experience for me in a 3D Virtual Cockpit + realistic (read, no widescreen) zoomfactor.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Agree with others.

App functionality has always been great (for years)...

I just wish they'd do some IAP options for different "themes" or "looks".

I'm a GA pilot and find the FMS look to be cold and no fun to look at.

Just be nice to have some options on the look. Would love to pay for that!!

Anybody using Airtrack with 2.3?

I can´t get it to work!

No luck with step 5 and 6...

How do I open Com ports 2424?

(works fine with X Plane)

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

Anybody using Airtrack with 2.3?

I can´t get it to work!

No luck with step 5 and 6...

How do I open Com ports 2424?

(works fine with X Plane)

I used a couple of times. I did not have to do step 5. Just started P3D and AirTrack and I could connect as per step 6. Maybe the plane we fly has something to do with it. I was using CLS 747 while it was working.

Strangely after a couple of flights it did not connect. 

Hope someone is still reading this thread.....  I have Windows 7, not 8, along w/ P3D v2.5  

Would any of the above ideas work for 7?  Thanks

Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |