Sign in to follow this  
wolke85

1.008 is great, but: Anyone else experiencing more CTD's now?

Hello Everyone!

First of all i'd like to thank Majestic very much for this superb latest update!

Real great work!

Nevertheless i have to ask around here a bit, because i'd like to be certain, if this is only on my side here that i notice more CTD's since i am using version 1.008 or if other users also have to struggle with more frequent CTD's now.

I recently wanted to fly from KSEA to KBZN for instance - once i used Active Sky Next (with all the latest hotfix and proper FSUIPC version installed) to inject weather into the sim and somewhere around half way the flight, i suddenly received a CTD.

Retried, but again: A CTD now occured just prior to descend ...

I thought that maybe this had something to do with Active Sky Next and so i retried with OPUS (again: latest BETA version installed and all set up correctly), but then again another CTD occured now just after leveling off at cruise altitude.

The reason why i am mentioning the weather engines here is because i want to ask: Can it be possible that the new turbulence interaction may - for whatever reason - have something to do with this?

Can it be that the injected weather, which in both cases was quite bumpy and turbulent may cause to much troubles and then ending in a CTD?

Again:

I am just asking a a matter of interest if anyone else is having more CTD's under 1.008 now than under previous versions, where i never ever encountered a CTD with this great Majestic Dash and real world weather in use! I am totally aware of the fact, that this could also be something on my PC only - so please do not get me wrong here - but if not, i'd be very thankful for any advice and feedback.

Cheers, Christoph

Well, I've been using it intensively since I bought it two weeks ago.

Until now, not a single hint of a crash. The smoothness is rock solid, from start to stop.

I am using FSX in DX10 mode, with default scenery enhanced by ORBX's FTX Global and weather injected by ASN.

I also have Accu Feel, and have sometimes enabled it, while on others I fly with Accu Feel disabled. No problem whatsoever.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, I've been using it intensively since I bought it two weeks ago.

Until now, not a single hint of a crash. The smoothness is rock solid, from start to stop.

I am using FSX in DX10 mode, with default scenery enhanced by ORBX's FTX Global and weather injected by ASN.

I also have Accu Feel, and have sometimes enabled it, while on others I fly with Accu Feel disabled. No problem whatsoever.

Hi Jcomm!

Thank You very much for Your reply!

I was just on my way to post again in this thread here after i was able now to again undertake some test flights.

I have lowered my clowd-draw settings a bit in ASN and also again reconfigured my OPUS DHM settings though in advance and now all works like a charm again!

So: Happy flyings and landings now in the Majestic Dash!

And hank You very much once again for Your input here!

Cheers, Christoph

I experienced exactly the same problem as you iv uninstalled activesky next and gown back to 2012 my fsx seems more stable for some reason now maybe coz asn was building cloud layers in between layers and while flying the dash it was all to demanding for my fsx

I experienced exactly the same problem as you iv uninstalled activesky next and gown back to 2012 my fsx seems more stable for some reason now maybe coz asn was building cloud layers in between layers and while flying the dash it was all to demanding for my fsx

You can always chose the max number of layers used. By default it is set to 5, I believe. You can try set it at 4, or even 3, and see if it works better.

ASN is a major improvement over FS2012, in many aspects...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...