Sign in to follow this  
Aamir

Extremely weird (read: low) FPS in the T7!

Preamble:

Yes, this topic has been covered time and again in this particular forum, I have read and followed pretty much every single topic concerning the issue of low FPS, and I've tried endless combinations of tweaks to try and get her to run smooth, but it just doesn't seem to want to work! The result has me running a stock FSX install with no addons except the T7 and FTX:G. I feel like I've wasted a fair sum of money on addon airports considering I get < 10FPS at them. I am no frame hunter, I simply want a smooth experience, one that I am currently unable to attain.

--

Now that my intent/situation is known to everyone, let me establish a few further facts:

• I had uninstalled FSX a month or so ago, a day after P3Dv2 released. I was a hardcore believer in the software. I still am, but I have recently had yearnings to fly intercontinental routes in the T7, so I did what anyone would've. I re-installed FSX, along with the addons I had for it. 

• My sim is currently running only 3 addons. The T7, FTXG, and GSX. So far, with these addons installed, I am still able to achieve a smooth and satisfactory flight simulation experience. The problem begins to arise when I install an addon airport. I have so far tried Flightbeam's spectacular KIAD, only to achieve somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10 FPS, which is extremely disappointing.

• My sim is running at one notch below maximum for every graphical and terrain setting, with the exception of autogen density, which is set to dense. Bloom and such is off, along with AI.

• I have tweaked my FSX's config files with BP=0 and the HIGHMEMFIX edits

• I tried installing what Flightbeam says is the lightened AFCAD, leading to no improvement.

• The aircraft is not achieving a stable, locked frame rate of 30fps even at default airports, which is certainly something I'd hope my system was capable of.

• The aircraft's displays are set to 30FPS as I had read that it helps with frames. No improvements on this end.

Again, I'm not trying to be the model of an entitled (read: a**hole) customer, but am simply seeking counsel as to possible solutions for my frame issues.

Thank you all in advance!

Aamir Thacker

Your system is way ahead of mine, so there must be something seriously imparing your rig:

• What happens with a fresh fsx.cfg, built by FSX, only HIGHMEMFIX=1 added?
  • What processes are running alongside FSX? Anything heavy that shouldn't be there?
  • Have you checked hardware issues? overheating/throttling of cores/paste/dust?

What happens with a fresh fsx.cfg, built by FSX, only HIGHMEMFIX=1 added?

I haven't a clue, but I will try this as soon as FDX12 touches down at PANC!  ^_^

What processes are running alongside FSX? Anything heavy that shouldn't be there?

TS3, Skype.. That's pretty much it..

Have you checked hardware issues? overheating/throttling of cores/paste/dust?

Yep, we can rule this out. Just cleaned out the computer, hardware is all running great.

Aamir Thacker

Update: I'm getting 22FPS in cruise with some moderate cloud cover below me (draw distance is 80nm).

Something is most definitely not right!

Aamir Thacker