Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

trouble reinstalling FSX on New computer

Hi , just got my new computer and finally got to the point of installing FSX and got this error message:

The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more details.

anyone got an idea of what is going, called microsoft support but said FSX support only available on weekdays. I love this hobby but FSX just should'nt be this difficult. Thanks for any help. Perry

Need more info.

What version of windows?

Are you installing as admin.  Are the CD's OK?  Windows service pack all up to date?

Hi I got it resolved thanks for your reply I was just making a DA mistake, it's been to long since I last install it. Thanks again.