Sign in to follow this  
fshrink

For 2014:

Received this today in an email from IPACS:

What can you expect for aerofly FS ?

Our next major version of aerofly FS for PC and MAC, that is targeted for release at the end of 2014, will at least feature the following things:

• More aircraft. Expect to see at least the same type of aircraft that are now available
    in our mobile version, for example Airbus A320, Boeing 747-400, KingAir C90 GTx
    and Beechcraft Baron 58.
  • Navigation features like VOR and ILS.
  • Increased system depth.
  • Virtual cockpit interaction.
  • Support for a larger area which means switching to a geocentric world model.

Some of the aircraft of the upcoming new version are already available as Add-On aircraft from our website www.aeroflyfs.com or as In-App purchases for the MAC version. We published those models, since they can be flown nicely without navigation instruments.

The mobile version of aerofly FS will see shorter update cycles. As the development of our desktop version progresses we will add new aircraft and new functionality into our mobile version.

I don't mind they take their time. This is a pretty cool sim.

Thanks a lot for posting this in here! Very useful.

It looks like aeroflyFS 2.0 is going to have at least as much functionality as Microsoft Flight, as well as jets. I hope that they get to implement dynamic time of day changes too (that wasn't mentioned in the e-mail).

Good news and bad news, IMO. Lots of stuff coming, but we'll have to wait one more year.

The add-on aircraft for Aerofly FS are even less attractive now, seeing as they will be included with the new version anyway, *and* will feature more complete systems.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Good news and bad news, IMO. Lots of stuff coming, but we'll have to wait one more year.

It's best if they take their time with aeroflyFS 2.0. Way too many AAA games nowadays are being rushed by publishers and launch in a very buggy state.

If it's good, I can wait!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

A simple sim like this will be fun for the oculs rift!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I feel the same as above comments... Take your time and do it right.... If it's done right you have a chance on tipping the FS world upside down... My advice open up channels to major 3rd party dev's early. If they are on board you stand a great chance of success. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Don't focus on aero planes and airports. Give us a platform (world), lighting engine, mesh, water, and navigation. Shoot if you really do it right the simulator can be used for water simulation, trains, roads, almost anything all wrapped up in one program. I hope one day I will be able to enjoy such a platform.

I feel the same as above comments... Take your time and do it right.... If it's done right you have a chance on tipping the FS world upside down... My advice open up channels to major 3rd party dev's early. If they are on board you stand a great chance of success. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Don't focus on aero planes and airports. Give us a platform (world), lighting engine, mesh, water, and navigation. Shoot if you really do it right the simulator can be used for water simulation, trains, roads, almost anything all wrapped up in one program. I hope one day I will be able to enjoy such a platform.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Yes, I remember that when I once suggested PMDG to consider DCS World as a platform, Robert stated that adopting a simulator that didn't cover the whole World was out of question.

Well, at least as far as we can tell the next version of Aerofly FS will cover the whole World!  Add to it better weather, navaids ( editable, something simple like what we have in Flight Gear or X-Plane, not embeded on BGL or other complex structure files... ) and it'll be a success!!!

I really liked the FDM in AeroflyFS, so, the new one can only be even better :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I do hope they have a booth at AirVenture 2014. I bought my copy there 2 years ago. I know X-plane will have a booth there. I will be there Friday, Augest 1st to check it out.

Steve