Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Orbx/FTX PNW Patch 006 is Stunning

I just upgraded to the latest version and do not know what they did but the clarity of the textures around KFHR and KSEA was stunning.  I saw some possible performance improvements in the KSEA area too but that's always difficult to prove.  It all depends on the aircraft and other settings.  Yet I've never seen things so clear in these areas before.  Maybe it's DX10.  Don't know.  All I can say is I thank Orbx/PNW for the upgrade and hope they keep them coming!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Don't know.  I haven't moved any of the Orbx stuff to P3D V2 yet.  The installer does ask whether you are installing in FSX or P3D V2 though.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim:

Where did you get patch 006?  Patch 005 is the only one I saw on the FTX website.  Do you have a link to 006?

Thanks!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

The installer does ask whether you are installing in FSX or P3D V2 though.

Are you sure that wasn't P3D 1.4...? I think that if it actually was for v2 there's be more news about this. Besides, seems to me that they would first have to update the original installer!

I have to say I am dying for an FTX region in P3D 2.0...

I

Are you sure that wasn't P3D 1.4...?

The installer doesn't say what version.  Just P3D.  Here's an excerpt from the installation manual -

"Unzip the PNW SP6 installer package and run "OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch006.exe". Read the provided

information and then proceed with the installation. The installer will find the correct location of your FSX or

P3D directory (based on your current Windows registry entries for FSX/P3D) and complete the installation."

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

The Release Notes do not say anything about enhanced textures around KFHR and KSEA. It's of course possible some of your old files had gotten corrupted and applying the patch fixed those.

Only P3D 1.4 still. According to the official release thread, the new Migrator tool will come out in January. No word yet on native P3D 2.0 installers.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Yep, P3D 1.4 only.  It's just the lack of distinction between P3D versions that causes confusion.

I do believe that they were planning to update AU for P3Dv2 first, working their way through the regions in order of release.  I could be wrong about that though, since I can't seem to find the 'roadmap' where I read that.  I'm just as or more excited about them updating their regions to use FTXG lighting...

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Just a HU but PNW Patch 007 was just released.   Looks nice!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Have just installed PNW 007 Patch, everything looks very good.  But, who built an Electricity Pylon Tower at the end of the runway at Grants Pass (3S8).  There are no pylon towers at Grants Pass in real life,  now one way traffic !!

regards

Echofox

Do you need to load the previous patches, or do the new patches also have the previous patch updates?

Robert Marton

Hi Robert

All patches are up to date, loaded in the proper order, also Library re-run after every install/update. Amazing how this pylon is right on the end of the centre line with the whole of Oregon to play with !

It's a hop over it and do a short field landing, a bit hairy if in real flight.  Really need to post this elsewhere, thanks for your interest. I'm fairly new to Orbx, have all N.W. USA + Jackson which is so life like, only fault is town needs an Albertson's super store,  just joking.

Grant

(no it wasn't named after me)

Managed to capture the offending structure at Grants Pass,Oregon

Echofox

post-135764-0-60633600-1389902517.jpg

Do you need to load the previous patches, or do the new patches also have the previous patch updates?

Robert Marton

You have to install each patch before installing the latest one.  The latest Orbx Library objects must be installed last in all cases.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I remember them mentioning into an auto-update feature to make things a bit less time consuming and potentially confusing. Wonder whatever happened to that?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5