First I just want to say I am enjoying the program immensely. Honestly, I tried putting off my purchase of ASN to compare to REX, but within hours of the trial running out I bought ASN. You know an addon is good when you can’t fly without it anymore. Still have some small complaints, but in general it has revolutionized my flying and I take forecasts seriously now, sometimes even deciding to stay grounded. I think it says a lot about a weather program when you are apprehensive about flying into the IMC it produces. Anyway, have a couple questions about historical time, if someone could kindly answer them.   

- If historical time is locked to FSX while FSX is at the current time, does that mean I essentially get live weather? Also, is there any difference whatsoever in live weather data vs. historic? How do forecasts in historical data work? Are they reflection of future data or actual historic forecasts?

- How does the PMDG 777 work in accelerated time with ASN? If I accelerate time from the current point, then I would be flying in the future, so no data can be supplied except forecasts. So it seems to me, in order to preserve accurate weather and the sensitive fabric of the time-space continuum, I should only be using PMDG’s time accel function from historic flights (where I could not possibly pass the current point in time)? This time stuff is somewhat confusing to me, and makes me feel like I am in the aviation equivalent of “Back to the Future”.