Sign in to follow this  
mslim

Desktop Aviator Cessna Avionics Panel

Just wondering if anyone here has had experience (+ or -) with Desktop Aviator products specifically the Cessna Avionics Panel Model 2100B? http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Panel/Model_2100/index.htm

I don't like doing run-ups and mag checks with the mouse so something like this panel appeals to me.  It would also free up a number of buttons on my joystick and throttle that I could assign to other functions.

I looked at the Saitek switch panel and it has a landing gear handle (which I think would be handy) but having had a few Saitek products, I wouldn't mind having something a little sturdier and less "toy-like". 

FWIW I am using a paid version of FSUIPC.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may offer.

Slim

I use a number of their USB products plus switches and their great 2 1/2" slider resistors. I don't use Saitek or any other controller now, except for the joystick handles, preferring to make everything myself. These USB panels control my floor-mount yoke, floor-mount stick, rudder pedals, single-engines throttle assembly, brakes, flaps and trim levers.

At the moment I'm building an MD-80 thrust-lever/flap/start valve/trim setup, and will then be rebuilding my old six-lever DC-3/twin piston assembly with those same sliders. (I've found that the DA rotary resistors will go dirty after a couple of years.) This will allow for a one-screw engine control quadrant swap between the two aircraft types. 

I use a sliding VW Passat seat from the wreckers, and yes - FSUIPC is absolutely the cat's meaow for setting up those controls (calibration) and switches.

Hope this helps!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.