Sign in to follow this  
cheeleair

Ideas for PMDG 777 Home Cockpit

Hi Folks,

Kindly request you to share your ideas on how to build a basic home cockpit given there are no 2D Panels in this product,

I have built few Home Cockpit 7 screens on FSX products who offer both Pilot and Co-Pilot Panels.

The Front panel (Merge of Pilot and Co-pilot) is projected in Front with 2 external views, 1 Overhead and Center panel it comes With Yoke, Rudder, Throttle, MCP and FMS hardware it came up as a pretty good home cockpit facility. I use the Touch screen for Overhead panel mounted on a frame and it functions just great. In the same setup, I can use with one side panel only the PMDG 747 and 737 and they also give great experience.

For 777, I use Desktop Yoke, Rudder Pedals and Throttle Hardware which directly interface with FSX.

I project the FSX/PMDG 777 Virtual cockpit on a 32 Inch Samsung LED TV and with Track IR it gives a great experience.

With the above, please advise (if at all possible) a way to use 777 in same way.

Ex :Any means by which we can project the overhead panel on a touch screen mounted above to get a same effect while  having the front view. Is there any FMS and MCP Hardware which we can interface this ?? to mention a few.

Please provide some ideas how the experience of PMDG 777 can be enhanced.

Thanking you

Best Rgds

Cheeleair

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Hi BigSky,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, FDS have good set of hardware. I believe I can take only those products which directly interface with FSX. Ex : Throttles or Yokes. I am not sure of they can be interfaced with the PMDG systems EX : CDU or Autopilot atleast as of now. Someone may offer it down the line once they write the drivers.

I have studied a lot but I do not see a way we can build the FDS type professional level cockpit interfacing with PMDG 777.

Hence I thought of posting this Questions to seek ideas, it at all it is possible.

Thank you again for the reply.

I might be wrong but I believe the SDK from PMDG would be necessary for most of the hardware cockpit pieces you are talking about... not sure 100% though!