Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

My new 'main squeeze'...ultimate for VFR rubber necking....

The C377 SkyMaster.  What a plane!  What a cockpit (beautiful!!!), and one of the best engine recordings ever!  Those push-pull props will bite your head off! :)))  Best to hear them through good quality headphones, that can give a good lower base (rumble into your jawbone!  Fabulous...way to go, Carenado...way to go.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This plane looks good across XPX, FSX, and FS9. Again..what a great plane for un-obstructiveness of view..and a powerful performance envelope...that is felt across all platform renditions. Hurry...the Carenado sale ends today...!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-125297-0-01048800-1387698911.jpg

post-125297-0-72740700-1387698952.jpg

post-125297-0-20742800-1387698973.jpg

post-125297-0-08801500-1387699019.jpg

post-125297-0-32247800-1387699069.jpg

post-125297-0-51763700-1387699359.jpg

post-125297-0-32812500-1387699767.jpg

post-125297-0-66271600-1387699789.jpg

post-125297-0-04336900-1387700255.jpg

post-125297-0-92313300-1387701850.jpg

post-125297-0-00866100-1387703120.jpg

Were you near Sintra Airbase on those shots? It looks pretty much like the views around LPST, from where, while serving the Portuguese Airforce, had to chance to fly exactly the 337g FTB ( Reims ) from.

Looks great that model!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Were you near Sintra Airbase on those shots? It looks pretty much like the views around LPST, from where, while serving the Portuguese Airforce, had to chance to fly exactly the 337g FTB ( Reims ) from.

Looks great that model!

I couldn't tell you exactly, J....for I tooled down the coast in the B58, then shut down XPX.  Purchased my final planes, and then fired up XPX.  I can't tell you which landing strip I was on/near...but yes..this is still Portugal, I'd say about 100 miles from Lisbon....but who-knows-where! :)  This plane is awesome.  I think it will become my major VFR'er over the three platforms.  What great visibility...and this sucker can climb stairs with those in-line props! Wow...move out of my flight path..or I probably will run you over.........

Sesquashtoo old mate .. you're too fickle by half :lol:!

But agreed, she's a good'un!

Guest Mik75

Beautiful pics again, X Plane can look so amazingly good. I just installed XPX on a second dedicated SSD two days ago. The FlyJSIM 727 was the first aircraft addon I bought.

After I saw your pics of the B58 yesterday, I had to buy it immediately! I have the C337 for FSX and I enjoy it, but the B58 looks much more elegant! I am looking forward to take the Baron for a first spin in XPX's beautiful scenery tomorrow!

And, please keep these beautiful pics coming! ;-)

Yup - definitely a very well crafted addon

Car_C337_v10_8.jpg

I especially love the effect that the sun has on the panel. The shaddows on the inset instruments results in such a nice feeling of depths an "3d-ness".

Car_C337_v10_29.jpg

But agreed, she's a good'un!

LOL..the Baron 58, the C90B...all good...and will get flown lots, but this one, the minute I flew it in XPX...really resonated with me. I fly mostly VFR, and to have such a clear view of some pretty awesome scenery....have a great power-to-weight ratio...well...this one is a gem...  In fact, as soon as I flew it, I knew that I wanted it across all three...XPX, FSX, FS9...and so populated them.  Having a blast...just landed in some one-horse town in the mountain range that surrounds the lower basin of the San Franciso Bay, with this plane in FSX.  I had to set up all my EZdock cameras....:)   This has been a great Christmas simulation season to/for myself...and I haven't even received a thing from the rest of the family....ah...but life is good....:)

Oh...BTW, do NOT take this plane into icing conditions...unless you have a death wish...no carb heat control, only cowls...and that is not enough to stop you from dropping out of the sky. Around KFNT this early morning, massive icing condiitons under ASN, and lost manifold pressure (did left, right, magneto cycle...prop flex..all of it...and could not stop the manifold plunge. I looked for a major highway...and put the the Cessna down softly, mosly under glide and angle of attack. Had there been cars on that highway....I might not be typing this...if at best, perhaps from a hospital bed, if it came out on the luckier side... ;)

So..closing cowl flaps doesn't cut it..and that's why it is illegal to operate this bird into known icing conditions, as per its certificate.  Guilty....

Beautiful pics again, X Plane can look so amazingly good. I just installed XPX on a second dedicated SSD two days ago. The FlyJSIM 727 was the first aircraft addon I bought.

After I saw your pics of the B58 yesterday, I had to buy it immediately! I have the C337 for FSX and I enjoy it, but the B58 looks much more elegant! I am looking forward to take the Baron for a first spin in XPX's beautiful scenery tomorrow!

And, please keep these beautiful pics coming! ;-)

Hey, Mike!

Yessir, the B58 is a doozie, as is that creamy-smooth turbo-prop..the C90B.  But..just something about this bird...the view, the power-to-weight, and that you don't suffer from asymmetrical power handling problems  as you do in a conventional twin prop, is great to simulate.  I've already had simulated failures and boy..does having inline center chord power thrust REALLY make a difference when you are now down to a single engine.  I'm going to see out of interest how many of these went into production, and then shoot around the Net for RL pics and prices...just curious.  Also...accident reports and general safety history.  Will be interesting....  It handles in FS9 really well too...and the action is fast on controls pitch and roll, as you'd expect from FS9. It really is my mood and my flight plan that will dictate what key gets turned in the hangar that day and or hour...    Having a blast....with all of my new planes across all three platforms!  

"...wait...I just took my temperature...and think I might be down with a sudden case of Jcomm'itis....but the symptoms are showing up as plane-switch up's and not platform deletes and re installs........oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!

"I LOVE the 377...no WAIT...what time is it?...oh...I REALLY love the B58.....oh no....my temperature has gone up a degree.....that means....YEAH.....the C90B......(chills....)....but then.....that 377 REALLY looks good.....WAIT........"      :))))  

"...wait...I just took my temperature...and think I might be down with a sudden case of Jcomm'itis....but the symptoms are showing up as plane-switch up's and not platform deletes and re installs........oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!

I'M CURED!!!!! Want my medicine?  Last night I made an incredible flight in the Majestic Q-400, from Madrid to Lisbon, with ASN-injectd weather - WHOW!

Then, I jumped into IL2 Battle of Stalingrad for a bit more of alfa/ beta  testing... Great simulator!!!!

Last before going to bed was a night approach to Lisbon, in the NEO A320, after a small circuit through Espichel VOR...

I'm soooooo cured :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I'M CURED!!!!! Want my medicine?  Last night I made an incredible flight in the Majestic Q-400, from Madrid to Lisbon, with ASN-injectd weather - WHOW!

Then, I jumped into IL2 Battle of Stalingrad for a bit more of alfa/ beta  testing... Great simulator!!!!

Last before going to bed was a night approach to Lisbon, in the NEO A320, after a small circuit through Espichel VOR...

I'm soooooo cured :-)

Yeah, yeah, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!   Don't even look for a cure....for it's no fun, not to have a personal 'schtick'... :)

J, sounds like you have been virtually busy!   Someone's having a blast...

"I once was asked if I had an issue with a psychiatrist stating that I might have schizophrenic tendencies...and I answered the question by stating simply;  WE don't think so!"  ;)  

WE don't think so!" ;)

I use to answer: Nope, my imaginary friend thinks I'm perfectly sane!

Main Simulation Rig:

just landed in some one-horse town in the mountain range that surrounds the lower basin of the San Franciso Bay,

That sound like Half Moon Bay. One of my favorite airports. LOL :-). KHAF