Sign in to follow this  
MarkVcz

FlyTampa's OMDB and LOWW w/ DX10

I really really like my FlyTampa's Vienna and Dubai. Both I can't get to work with DX10 :unsure: ... that's why I'd to get this out so maybe someone who is using these airports with DX10 can help out. 

There is a problem in Dubai with ground textures... they seem to render in really low resolution - only during DAWN, DUSK and NIGHT. It all works well during the day. Any idea how I could fix this? I see pictures of people flying into OMDB in night without the texture problem under DX10. I could not find a way to fix this but I know it works for others..

nPv02LE.png

Well... and in Vienna (my most favourite airport actually!) there is a whole runway lighting missing.. that is a bummer. I did a quick research around LOWW and DX10 and my hopes of fixing this are really low. Anyone flying into Vienna and DX10 or maybe Steve do you have an idea to get the lights working somehow?

If there is anything I can do to help invesitagte these issues please let me know and I'd be happy to help to get this solved. Other than these scenery things I gotta say the DX10 fixer is bomb! There is definitely a great future within FSX and the DX10 fixer.

Quick update - I can confirm that FlyTampa's Vienna now works 100% under DX10 and the fixer. I beyond happy right now!  ^_^

Now I just need to figure out the low resolution texture problem in Dubai (see post above). It would be a really nice Christmas present if someone could help me to get OMDB working heh. Thanks everyone!  

It would be a nice Christmas present if you would share what you did to fix your problem, Marek!

All the Best,   :wink:

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

On omdb have you looked at the scenery order in scenery.cfg? Move omdb higher up, also look for other scenery covering the same area do you have another Dubai international airport somewhere?

So I fixed both airports now! ^_^  I just took couple of screenshots flying out of OMDB... I can't really describe how amazingly looking and smooth (~30fps on the ground in VC) my FSX is now!

It would be a nice Christmas present if you would share what you did to fix your problem, Marek!

All the Best,    :wink:

pj

LOWW fix - I missed that they updated the airport to version 2.5 (with introduced DX10 compatibility!) - installed the update - LOWW works 100%.
OMDB fix - I moved the legacy shader setting in DX10 fixer all the way to "scenery" - OMDB works 100%. 

As far as LOWW fix, there is not much else to say (I guess just thanks to FlyTampa!).. but the OMDB fix is interesting.. is the fact that I moved the slider all the way to "scenery" affecting my PMDG 777 a lot? I wasn't really sure of the visual difference in my test flight. I did read the fixer manual but what is the real world scenario? 

On omdb have you looked at the scenery order in scenery.cfg? Move omdb higher up, also look for other scenery covering the same area do you have another Dubai international airport somewhere?

I did not try this! I might give it a go and see.. do you think this might also fix the texture problem? ... now when I told you that I fixed it with the DX10 fixer's settings? 

Well.. this is far the best thing that happened to my FSX in a long time (followed very closely by Active Sky Next). You can take a look at the screenshots (no editing, just raw from the sim.) I just took in Dubai: http://imgur.com/a/hhl0c - What's most impresive is the smoothness of FSX now. No shutters at all.. Although you can see the anti-aliasing being little weak on the edges (running 8x CSAA at this moment). I'm not really sure if I want to push in even higher.. 

All I need to test now is flying long-hauls on VATSIM (EGKK-OMDB) and see if DX10 will eliminate the OOM error I got during my first long-haul on VATSIM.. I'm very positive!

Merry Christmas! 

The PMDG 777 probably doesn't have any issues Marek, but - read the manual about the DX10 ToolBox and "Tagging" an aircraft...... - ok!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

but - read the manual about the DX10 ToolBox and "Tagging" an aircraft...... - ok!

pj

Thanks for the tip, I read the "tagging" part of the manual earlier today but it states:

• "Almost all tagged aircraft should display correct at indent 3 (Balanced) or higher."
  • "Tagging has no impact at lower levels."

Now if I understand this.. because of FT's OMDB I'm running the shader at the lowest indent - 1 - "scenery", that means there will be no effect on the tagged aircraft (PMDG) whatsoever, is that right? 

The legacy shader is only involved for items built using the previous version of the SDK before FSX.

Almost all payware aircraft for FSX are built using the FSX SDK and so the setting in the legacy shader has no impact at all on them at all. You cannot and should not tag them - in fact it will report an error telling you that they use the FSX SDK if you try.

Some sceneries still use the older SDK because it provides features that are useful to the developers and that are not in the FSX SDK. Dubai is one example of this.

The only thing that moving the slider to the left effects is any old FS9 aircraft that you want to fly in FSX.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the in-depth explanation. I can't wait where the future updates of your product are heading. It took me two days to tune and figure out everything and now I'm running what looks like a brand new flight simulator.

I hope I'll be able to tests for OOMs soon.