Sign in to follow this  
mauriceb

A2A planes with P3d and three 32" TVs

Just a couple of short videos to show that the A2A Piper J-3 Cub and the Cessna 172 work quite well in P3d at a resolution of 5760x1080

This is default scenery + FTX Global only. These are instant replay videos so any jerkiness in the videos showed up only during the instant replay and not during the actual flight.

Both landings were deliberately done with aggressive forward slips to lose altitude and without using flaps in the Cessna (Piper Cub has no flaps). I just wanted to see how both planes behave while doing a slip.

Note: the speed gauge in the Cessna does not move during the instant replay but the rate of descent gauge works ok.

All & all, great GA airplanes for P3d & perfect for learning to fly.

http://youtu.be/s3yfWhlTVbo

http://youtu.be/78F9btzuY8c

My only problem with the 172 is that I cannot get the rudder centered.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

My only problem with the 172 is that I cannot get the rudder centered.

I seem to recall I had the same problem at the beginning but I don't know/remember what fixed it. Are you setting up your controls with FSUIPC and are you using Saitek rudders (I am)? If you are using FSUIPC, there may be a conflict between FSUIPC and the in game controls.

Anyway, the rudder does work ok so I'm sure there is way to fix yours.

How stable is this bird (172) in Prepar3D v2? Have either of you done legitimate long flights (2-3hrs?) with it without issue? 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

How stable is this bird (172) in Prepar3D? Have either of you done legitimate long flights (2-3hrs?) with it without issue?

No I haven't. A 2-3 hours flight in a Cessna would bore me to death I think :) . But I don't really see any reason why there would be any problem. I haven't yet played with the radios or GPS so I can't comment on those but they worked ok when I still had FSX.

Gotcha.. Welp.. Looks like I gotta try it myself.. Just started a 3hr flight across all the Hawaiian Islands.  B)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Well. That didn't last long.. Lights work with battery master off. Sometimes the beacon doesn't work, sometimes the strobes won't work. Usually happens if you load the 172 after another plane is loaded.. Otherwise you had to load it again to get them to light up. Having the 172 as the saves default plane seemed to stop it.. AP seemed to track VORs very oddly. Overall too buggy for me.. I'm getting bad vibes... You win some you lose some. B)

Nice setup BTW!

Well. That didn't last long.. Lights work with battery master off. Sometimes the beacon doesn't work, sometimes the strobes won't work. Usually happens if you load the 172 after another plane is loaded.. Otherwise you had to load it again to get them to light up. Having the 172 as the saves default plane seemed to stop it.. AP seemed to track VORs very oddly. Overall too buggy for me.. I'm getting bad vibes... You win some you lose some. B)

Nice setup BTW!

The lack of my favourte aircraft is really starting to frustrate me now.  I might have to resinstall FSX for a few months until we have native versions of all my aircraft.

Regarding the 172, I was going to ask you whether the Accusim module worked with the aircraft, but having just read your post, I think I'll settle for the FSX version for now.