Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit - 0.9.0 - Includes early alpha support for FSX aircraft conversion

It works! :)

Edit: Seems to get stuck when I try to export a .flightAddon with the files for the default Carbon Cub.  Also, the Addon Manager seems to have a dependency on the Alaska DLC again.

Its alive!!! Hahahahahahahahah!!!!! (Wanders off, mumbling something about searching for Seabees.........)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I would really like to be able to see what types of innovations I can work on with this, but I can't get the program to actually start. Really great work though. Thanks for all that you have done so far, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

Hm, I was able to download it now, but I can't launch the AddonBuilder. I double-click on it but nothing happens. It gets the little loading circle for a second or 2 then I guess it forgets what it was doing. Addon Manager is working fine however. 

Panda, can you check the Event Viewer to see if there were any errors with Addon Builder? (Type Event Viewer into the search window in the Control Panel, and then click "View Event Logs", and look under Windows Logs\Application)

Also, what version of Windows are you using?

After a 23 hour power outage, I come on, and I see this great gift! This could be a great secondary way to spend my Winter Break! (Other than studying for my Glider Entrance Exam and programming a game for school)

Hey stonelance, I decided to take a look at my Event Viewer and this is what I found:

Faulting application name: AddonBuilder.exe, version: 0.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x52b6b2ce

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c41f

Faulting process id: 0x2694

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf002d45fe62ba

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\AddonBuilder.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 84104ec4-6c20-11e3-a469-848f69c74789

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I hope that this helps.

Panda, can you check the Event Viewer to see if there were any errors with Addon Builder? (Type Event Viewer into the search window in the Control Panel, and then click "View Event Logs", and look under Windows Logs\Application)

Also, what version of Windows are you using?

I am using windows 8, and here is what I found in the events log, these are only errors, not the information ones. If you need the information ones I can get those too.

Faulting application name: AddonBuilder.exe, version: 0.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x52b6b2ce
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.16408, time stamp: 0x523d4548
Fault offset: 0x00012eec
Faulting process id: 0x2c0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf00473d4ec72f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\AddonBuilder.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7b7b1250-6c3a-11e3-be86-9c2a7068feb2
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: AddonBuilder.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at FlightAddonBuilder.App.Main()

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.16408, time stamp: 0x523d4548
Fault offset: 0x00012eec
Faulting process id: 0x4e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf00473599957d
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 74d856c6-6c3a-11e3-be86-9c2a7068feb2
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: AddonBuilder.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at FlightAddonBuilder.App.Main()

It requires .NET 4.5.1, and probably doesn't run on XP any more. Other than that, it shouldn't matter. 4.5.1 should be installed by the installer, but maybe that is not working for some reason. Can the people who are having trouble running the Addon Builder try installing .NET 4.5.1? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40779

Hey Stone,

I had net 4.5.1 installed but ran installer again.

Installer found previous install and gave options of Remove or Repair so I 'Repaired'

builder still doesn't start, will try uninstalling net 4.5.1 and reinstalling later but don't think that's it.

Going xmas shopping so be a couple hrs

Sry I cant be more help & ty for your efforts :)

Thanks guys! I was able to reproduce the problem on one of my laptops that I hadn't run the new version on yet. It turns out that I need to be installing the redist for the new VC runtime as part of the installer. I also fixed several problems converting some of the airplanes from FSX. I was able to convert about half of them successfully now. I also changed the Addon Builder so that if there is an error, instead of getting stuck in the progress dialog, it will now print out the error and allow you to continue on. All of the turboprops seems to fail, as well as a couple other random aircraft.

If you find aircraft that fail (especially any good freeware 3rd party aircraft), please let me know. I honestly don't care too much about converting the default FSX aircraft as they are all fairly old and crufty by now. I hope there are some good freeware 3rd party aircraft out there that we might be able to convert.

Here is the new version: http://flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/FlightToolkit_0_9_1.zip

Edit: Does anyone know if there is a way to edit the original post? It appears as though after some time, posts are not allowed to be edited.