Sign in to follow this  
gsand

FSX SDK Install Issue

Afternoon,

Tried this in the FSX forum but should have been here. I have had to do a reinstall of FSX for various reasons and am having a problem trying to get the SDK to install. I get a 1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime. I am right clicking as admin and all read onlys are off. Interestingly enough if I start the FSX install it works fine. I was on a delete tear and deleted the SDK, big mistake... :Doh:

What I've done so far:

-Tried MS Fixit which failed

-Numerous searches which all pointed to Fixit or registry issues

-Ran SpeedyPro PC and CCleaner registry repairs

-Tried to find a newer version of InstallShield to no avail

I have re-installed FSX so InstallShield is working fine. It is just for the SDK setup.exe that it won't work. I need my ADEX... :smile:

Any help greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays all!

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Have you tried copying the install files to your HD and installing from there? Also, when's the last time you rebooted your computer. That alone has solved more than one odd FSX related issue in the past.

Thanks. Tried the copy over and no joy. I shut down my computer when I'm done always. Old habit from the Windows 3.1 days, I guess.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

What I've done so far:

-Tried MS Fixit which failed

Does this mean that you let MS do the fix? If so, you might want to go back and follow the fix it myself steps on the site: LetMeFixItMyselfAlways . You're likely to get more positive results.

Rich