Sign in to follow this  
NRiese

Flightplanning and ATC help

It works the same way as the PMDG NGX so not a problem :-)

I can't get the Vox-ATC demo to work - but I'm not sure if I should go for Vox-ATC, Pro-ATC, RC 4 or whatever. Anyone has experience with these?

What can't you get to work in VOXATC? Maybe we can help?

I have just purchased VOXATC after getting help to sort a small FSX requirement that stopped VOX from working.

The bottom line is as ailchim said though, it will come down to personal preference in the end and if there is no demo, this can cost you some cash before you are satisfied.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well, I successfully installed Vox-ATC, but I can't find it inside FSX under Addons, so I can't figure out how to open it. And the help file doesn't work, tried to open it with word and Adobe Reader, but that didn't work either.

Okay - I found out that when I enter the 2D cockpit it shows up! Anyone know how I can also view the panel in VC? Because I can't figure out how to :-)

Okay - I found out that when I enter the 2D cockpit it shows up! Anyone know how I can also view the panel in VC? Because I can't figure out how to :-)

Go to "views" at the menu at the top of the screen once you are at the start of your flight(hit Alt to get the menu), then go to something like panel or control panel ( I'm not at my FSX rig at the moment) and select VOXATC panel.

This should bring up your VOXATC panel, then hit "Enable" on that panel.

If you have Adobe reader or some other PDF reader on your computer, if you can't get your help file by going to VOX in your start menu, just go to VOXATC home page and select "Documentation" from their menu at the top of that page.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I don't have pro-atc, but had considered it at one time. There was an outcry from people who bought the product saying that the company was unresponsive and future development was uncertain. I checked the forums recently and there is talk of an update coming to the software which sounds promising, although there is no telling when it will be released. Honestly, since there is no trial version to the software I would wait on purchasing it and then reevaluate once they release their update. Keep in mind that none of the current ATC offerings are perfect. ATC seems to be the hardest fsx function to develop software for.     

I'm not sure Vox-ATC is what I'm looking for. Anyone has experience with Pro-ATC?

Radar contact is great. I would highly recommend that for ATC. 

I'm not sure I would like to communicate by talking directly to the computer. Also it would be great if the ATC could control MyTraffic 2010 planes - will Radar Contact be able to do this?

Guess I'll start a new topic, as this one wasn't really for the ATC addon, but for flight planning :)

Thanks for all your help everyone!

In FS commander you have an option to save your flightplan in fsx format and in pmdg format. In case of the first it will not know your sid and star, but it will be there as coordinates (at least that's what i heard, don't use the atc myself). For pmdg you should not save it with sid and stars (the program will give you a warning when saving). Either way it is only part of the solution, because if you are assigned another runway at your destination.

Worth to fiddle around with. good luck

I'm not sure I would like to communicate by talking directly to the computer. Also it would be great if the ATC could control MyTraffic 2010 planes - will Radar Contact be able to do this?

I could be mistaken, but as far as I remember, there aren't any ATC programs that can interact directly with AI aircraft.  The AI responds to FS' ATC.  You'll still hear the various ATC programs interacting with the AI, but as for control, they are actually responding to the built in ATC.  You'll notice, if you're close enough, that they will be maneuvering before you actually hear the comms in your ATC program.  Sorry I can't give you better news.

Cheers.  :smile:

I could be mistaken, but as far as I remember, there aren't any ATC programs that can interact directly with AI aircraft. The AI responds to FS' ATC. You'll still hear the various ATC programs interacting with the AI, but as for control, they are actually responding to the built in ATC. You'll notice, if you're close enough, that they will be maneuvering before you actually hear the comms in your ATC program. Sorry I can't give you better news.

Cheers. :smile:

Actually VOXATC does interact directly with AI, because "it" is generating and spawning the AI. To use VOXATC, you have to turn off FSX ATC and set its traffic settings to 0%.

Rick Hobbs

Actually VOXATC does interact directly with AI, because "it" is generating and spawning the AI. To use VOXATC, you have to turn off FSX ATC and set its traffic settings to 0%.

Then I stand corrected.  Thanks.

Cheers.  :smile: