Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

SkyMAXX Pro 1.2 released

I've just received an email from X aviation that SkyMaXX pro 1.2 is released.

Yet to install and try it out though

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Just tested it. Even better performance, looks better, and now reflections on water!

Can up the settings now. Result!

Ian

Here's what's changed in version 1.2:

What's New / Changed:

• Real weather pause time decrease - clouds now load 3-4 times faster on weather change
  • Cloud reflections on water added - selection available in the SkyMaxx menu
  • Maximum cloud layer size increased from 100km to 150km
  • Crepuscular rays now default to on
  • New debug output to help with tech support issues
  • Clouds will re-appear if the SilverLining plugin is disabled and re-enabled at runtime from the plugin admin menu
  • Lightning works properly in low visibility now

• The position used for enabling orbit textures and for lighting is now based on the view position and not the aircraft position

• Version number now indicated in the config UI

Coolness! Off to download......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think the most significant in that change list for you all will be the pause for re-load optimization. This primarily effects those who use real weather, where the pause used to be very noticeable in 1.1.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Founder of X-Aviation

This primarily effects those who use real weather, where the pause used to be very noticeable in 1.1.

I must just be lucky I guess. I fly with real weather and never noticed pauses or stuttering. Yes, I could see the process taking place i.e. the clouds forming spontaneously in response to METAR variation ... but the sim was still as smooth as peaches and cream (add a dash of Vodka).

Anyhoo, thanks Cameron for the updates. You guys are (as always) ... AWESOME!

I think the most significant in that change list for you all will be the pause for re-load optimization. This primarily effects those who use real weather, where the pause used to be very noticeable in 1.1.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Thank you Cameron!  Installed it, ran it...and no more XPX hangups!   THANK YOU! :)   Cloud reflections look great!

Very satisfied with the maturity route of this program. You guys are doing a fine job...and gives me great confidence to purchase from your site in the future.  Great program...and now we need the likes of ASN...

Excellent update to Sky Maxx Pro!!!!

Don't forget to uninstall the previous version!

It is smooth as silk, and, BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Don't forget to uninstall the previous version!

No need to ... the new installer will automatically take care of that ... and flawlessly too I might add ;)

Oops!  Thx for the precious info pryoski!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

No need to ... the new installer will automatically take care of that ... and flawlessly too I might add ;)

Oh...I didn't know that.. I always went the uninstall route....so just run the installer with any or all future updates?  'K...will give that a try....

Thanks for that info!

Oh...I didn't know that.. I always went the uninstall route....so just run the installer with any or all future updates?  'K...will give that a try....

That's correct. No need to run the uninstall prior to running any new installer.

Founder of X-Aviation

That's correct. No need to run the uninstall prior to running any new installer.

Cameron, whatever you two within v1.2, did,.... well, it was the 'did' that worked!  Smooth as 'ASN' :)

If you and John have the technical skill to pull off an ASN'ish weather injector for the XP platform.....MAN...would you clean up as the (to date) sole arena entry....  With what I have seen so far from SkyMaxx 1.2....at least you two please think about it...  If I had the technical background...I would have been coding this like there's no tomorrow! Get in there, first...with quality...and see the coin flow in....

Ses

1.2 is ok but I still don't think that Skymaxx is our answer to XP10 horrible skies.  SMP clouds look out of place, sometimes the clouds disappear and reappear, real weather bugs are still occurring, etc. etc.  Once REX is released, Skymaxx is finished...everyone will be using REX.  I'm sorry but this payware is terrible :( :mad:

1.2 is ok but I still don't think that Skymaxx is our answer to XP10 horrible skies.  SMP clouds look out of place, sometimes the clouds disappear and reappear, real weather bugs are still occurring, etc. etc.  Once REX is released, Skymaxx is finished...everyone will be using REX.  I'm sorry but this payware is terrible :( :mad:

The key word, is that SkyMaxx is here, and is a major improvement that didn't cost the leg of the purchaser...and REX, well.....REX for XPlane... is still a 'whisper into the ear...'. Nothing more at this time....