Sign in to follow this  
fsxops

WX Radar

Not this again!!! That applies to ifly!!

Why? Hifi is merely stating that iFly is integrating the ASN weather radar. I don't see any reason why PMDG couldn't do this with the NGX and 777.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Tabs already locked another thread called "WX radar" today.

Give it time and you'll be flying PMDG products with a working weather radar. PMDG keeps quiet about this sorta stuff but I'm sure they're working on something in the background.

looking at this link above I can see the problem with integrating it in its currant form. its not realistic due to the origin of the returns which are from a land radar and give the look of a satellite overlay rather than an aircrafts single orientation point of view radar

its nice but its not ready. im sure it can be adapted though in time

kav

I don't see any reason why PMDG couldn't do this with the NGX and 777.

Give it time and you'll be flying PMDG products with a working weather radar. PMDG keeps quiet about this sorta stuff but I'm sure they're working on something in the background.

its nice but its not ready. im sure it can be adapted though in time

simply: +1

Please give it a rest. Do a search and you find PMDG have made their current position on this quite clear. No amount of lobbying or repetitive posts will change that.

But the situation has changed. ASN now was able to have actual cloud positions placed in fsx. Was this not the reason PMDG refused to bother with it in the first place?

Indeed things have changed so this topic is (in my opinion) open for discussion until newly addressed by PMDG.

But the situation has changed

When things change from PMDG's point of view then I am sure we will be told.

Was this not the reason PMDG refused to bother with it in the first place?

Perhaps you should read the numerous threads on this topic again. Clouds alone do not always equal radar returns.

so this topic is (in my opinion) open for discussion until newly addressed by PMDG

Almost every thread on this topic has been locked. Do you think that "are we there yet" threads are going to accelerate any change in position?

inb4lock

Agree.

David Porrett

"Are we there yet" threads should be blocked but discussing the prospect of having WX radar and how it should be implemented is far from a "can we have it now?" post.