Sign in to follow this  
dornier

KORD FMC scratchpad error message after updating to Airac 1313 help!

Hi everyone,

After updating to Airac 1313, if I enter KORD as a destination I get the following error, "KORD ERR: 10C RWY N/A".  After that I can't pull up any runways, SIDS, STARS, and Approaches.  What's odd is that the PMDG 737 NGX works perfectly.  I can enter KORD and pull up anything.  

I tried uninstalling the 777 and reinstalling, but I have the same error with the 777.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

GP

I'm just about to install my 1313 I will let you know if I'm getting the same error.

By the way what type of hardware are you using? it looks amazing.

After updating to Airac 1313, if I enter KORD as a destination I get the following error, "KORD ERR: 10C RWY N/A". After that I can't pull up any runways, SIDS, STARS, and Approaches. What's odd is that the PMDG 737 NGX works perfectly. I can enter KORD and pull up anything.

Hi, Dornier,

I just installed Airac 1313, and I don't see any problem.  HOWEVER, 10C/28C is a new runway and 10/28 has been renamed to 10L/28R. I have an AFCAD file with it installed. 

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KORD/APD/AIRPORT+DIAGRAM

You say that this error happens when you select KORD.  But your picture shows you already in flight -- I'm not sure what phase of flight.  I am guessing that you entered Runway 10C but you do not have an up-to-date AFCAD file installed that has the new runway.  10C/28C is NOT in the original scenery nor is it in older addon scenery or AFCAD files.  I am guessing that when the FMC tried to tune 10C it found no active frequency and produced an error message.  Note that the NGX does not autotune the ILS frequency but the 777 does.  So the NGX wouldn't detect an error.  So try installing an up to date AFCAD file such as this one by Ray Smith:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=180472

See if that fixes the problem.

However this sort of error should not freeze up the FMC -- you should be able to select a different runway.  If it is doing that you should file a bug report with PMDG.

Hope this helps.  Please let us all know one way or the other.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

O/T: why do people photograph their screens??? Not heard of PRT SCN? You can crop the image, too...

If the FMC is dumping the SID/STAR then try removing the offending procedure from the database and see if that at least makes the rest of it usable.

Best regards,

Robin.

I'm just about to install my 1313 I will let you know if I'm getting the same error.

By the way what type of hardware are you using? it looks amazing.

Hi,

I'm using a Samsung 27" 120Hz monitor at 1920X1080.  Thanks for the compliment.

GP

Hi, Dornier,

I just installed Airac 1313, and I don't see any problem.  HOWEVER, 10C/28C is a new runway and 10/28 has been renamed to 10L/28R. I have an AFCAD file with it installed. 

You say that this error happens when you select KORD.  But your picture shows you already in flight -- I'm not sure what phase of flight.  I am guessing that you entered Runway 10C but you do not have an up-to-date AFCAD file installed that has the new runway.  10C/28C is NOT in the original scenery nor is it in older addon scenery or AFCAD files.  I am guessing that when the FMC tried to tune 10C it found no active frequency and produced an error message.  Note that the NGX does not autotune the ILS frequency but the 777 does.  So the NGX wouldn't detect an error.  So try installing an up to date AFCAD file such as this one by Ray Smith:

However this sort of error should not freeze up the FMC -- you should be able to select a different runway.  If it is doing that you should file a bug report with PMDG.

Mike

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I'll give it a shot and see if it works.

GP

Hi, Dornier,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I received an email from PMDG on the proper way to uninstall the 777 and it worked.  I could type in KORD as a destination and I wouldn't get the error.  For clarification, the error displays in the scratchpad after entering KORD as a destination on the ground when setting up the FMC.  

I then installed airac 1313 and the error displayed again.  I restored the NAVDATA and SIDSTARS folders in the PMDG folder and was able to enter KORD once again without the error.  This is an odd issue.  I'll try the AFCAD file and let everyone know if that works.

Thanks again,

GP

I received an email from PMDG on the proper way to uninstall the 777 and it worked. I could type in KORD as a destination and I wouldn't get the error. For clarification, the error displays in the scratchpad after entering KORD as a destination on the ground when setting up the FMC.

I then installed airac 1313 and the error displayed again. I restored the NAVDATA and SIDSTARS folders in the PMDG folder and was able to enter KORD once again without the error. This is an odd issue. I'll try the AFCAD file and let everyone know if that works.

Hi, Dornier,

I just tried it on the ground at KIND.  Engines off, external power connected, AFCAD with new runways uninstalled.  I did not get any error when I entered KIND as origin and KORD as destination.  I even selected runway 10C (currently missing in my scenery due to reverting to original FSX scenery) and no problem. 

SO: 1) It is possible that FSX and/or the PMDG 777 still collected data about the new KORD runways when I had the up-to-date AFCAD installed. 
It can't hurt to update yours -- you will probably want the new runways anyway.

2) (More likely solution) What source did you use for Airac 1313?  I used Navigraph.  Here is the heading from the KORD sid/star file:

//AIRAC Cycle : 1313 (12/DEC/2013 - 08/JAN/2014) - Ver.1 My KORD sid/star text file is showing Created 11/23/2012 3:09 PM, Modified 12/5/2013 744 PM (I installed it today).

Just checked Navigraph site.  It is showing no revisions for the PMDG Airac 1313.  As I'm sure you realize, the problem is probably in your current Airac, since when you go back to the original Airac that was installed with the T7, it goes away.

Hope this helps.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I had this problem at LEMG a couple of months ago, no procedures available for any runway. A couple of days later a v2 of that airac was produced and the problem went away. Navigraph btw.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

fsx directory\pmdg\sidstars

Browse through there and open up the txt file of the offending airport, make sure it looks ok and isn't corrupted.

When installing the latest cycle, did you right click the exe and run as administrator? What is the time and date stamp and size of the kord.txt file?

fsx directory\pmdg\sidstars

Browse through there and open up the txt file of the offending airport, make sure it looks ok and isn't corrupted.

When installing the latest cycle, did you right click the exe and run as administrator? What is the time and date stamp and size of the kord.txt file?

Hi,

Yes, I right clicked and installed "run as admin".  The KORD.txt file is 87.2KB and it states the following within the file:

"AIRAC Cycle : 1313 (12/DEC/2013 - 08/JAN/2014) - Ver.1".  The file is not corrupted as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

GP

Hi, Dornier,

I just tried it on the ground at KIND.  Engines off, external power connected, AFCAD with new runways uninstalled.  I did not get any error when I entered KIND as origin and KORD as destination.  I even selected runway 10C (currently missing in my scenery due to reverting to original FSX scenery) and no problem. 

SO: 1) It is possible that FSX and/or the PMDG 777 still collected data about the new KORD runways when I had the up-to-date AFCAD installed. 

It can't hurt to update yours -- you will probably want the new runways anyway.

2) (More likely solution) What source did you use for Airac 1313?  I used Navigraph.  Here is the heading from the KORD sid/star file:

//AIRAC Cycle : 1313 (12/DEC/2013 - 08/JAN/2014) - Ver.1 My KORD sid/star text file is showing Created 11/23/2012 3:09 PM, Modified 12/5/2013 744 PM (I installed it today).

Just checked Navigraph site.  It is showing no revisions for the PMDG Airac 1313.  As I'm sure you realize, the problem is probably in your current Airac, since when you go back to the original Airac that was installed with the T7, it goes away.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Hi,

I used Navigraph and mine says the same thing, AIRAC Cycle : 1313 (12/DEC/2013 - 08/JAN/2014) - Ver.1.  So upon looking at the airac file differences, it's the runways.  The previous airac version installed (1309) didn't have runway 10C and the new one does.  I guess the PMDG simulation checks the actual runways within FSX and compares it with airac file.  If there's a mismatch with a specific airport (in this case for me, KORD), it can't be used in the FMC.

I'll try the newer AFCAD to see if that fixes it.

Thanks,

GP

Hi, Dornier,

Something else occurred to me.  There is a file called ARPT_RNWY.dat in FSX/PMDG/Navdata folder.  Errors in it have caused CTDs for other people.  Maybe it is also causing your issue with KORD.

You can read about this file here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/425675-ctd-on-flight-load-pmdg-777/

Ryan of PMDG advises that it's OK to delete this file (and the runways.csv file, which can be recreated by running makerunways program from Peter Dowson).  I just ran a test and deleting the ARPT_RNWY.dat file causes the T7 to generate a new one upon FSX restart and loading of the T7.  But just to be safe, instead of deleting it rename it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi

Same problem here. May I use the pointed AFCAD file with my FSDT KORD scenery? Thanks

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Same problem here. May I use the pointed AFCAD file with my FSDT KORD scenery?

I believe that AFCAD is designed for the default scenery.  Since the AFCAD controls gate and taxiway placement, as well as buildings in many cases, it would probably conflict with addon scenery.  FSDT almost certainly has its own AFCAD built in.  You need to check with FSDT and see if they have an update for the new runways. You can also search the AVSIM FSX>AFCAD library and see if someone has updated it specifically for your scenery.

However the problem at the beginning of the thread seems to have been fixed either by a new installation of the AIRAC or an uninstall-reinstall of the T7.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I believe that AFCAD is designed for the default scenery.  Since the AFCAD controls gate and taxiway placement, as well as buildings in many cases, it would probably conflict with addon scenery.  FSDT almost certainly has its own AFCAD built in.  You need to check with FSDT and see if they have an update for the new runways. You can also search the AVSIM FSX>AFCAD library and see if someone has updated it specifically for your scenery.

However the problem at the beginning of the thread seems to have been fixed either by a new installation of the AIRAC or an uninstall-reinstall of the T7.

Mike

Thanks for your reply, Mike.

Captains,

I'm not very friendly about uninstalls/re-install method, so here I post what was my solution. Quite simple. Just download and run the FSX/P3D Navaid Package and voilà!:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Let me know if works for you, guys. Hope this helps  :wink:

UPDATE: Jan 22, Tested! For me, this was the definitive solution. My T7 now is fully ready to rides the skies again  B)

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II