Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

ASN still stutters with tweaks added.

Although this post is in reference to FSXAssist / ASN but we at SkyPilot Software found that ASN works very well with the configuration described

That doesnt explain my ASN running on a networked computer and having nothing to do with the FSX dedicated computers X86 program folder.Exhibiting the stutter issue...One thing thast does make sense is the sound btstrp.

Just as a FYI as this has nothing to do with ASN - at work I use an expensive remote timeclock software. Had to upgrade my system and after the upgrade the software took almost 45 seconds to execute a command that prior took 2 seconds. Ultimately I tracked it down to some CD burning software that came preinstalled on my new system. Disabled it and timeclock worked perfectly.

Point is - check everything - not just flight related software. There was absolutely NO connection between the timeclock software and the cd burning software except that they didn't like each other.

Eliminate the obvious but check everything - slowly, step by step - it's the only way.

Merry Christmas!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My computer has nothing and I mean nothing but FSX running on it. 14 processes and 13 of them are MS services and most of them are network related. Also as_audio.exe running. I would almost believe it was something else if I didnt disable ASN on the client machine a quit injecting weather into FSX and the stutters/frame killers go away.

ASN performance has nothing to do with OS Priorites or Affinity Masks.  It runs very well with the default settings.  When running ASN with FSXAssist  using RealTime FSX OS priority and an Affinity mask of 1 for Addon Applications ASN performs very well.  Our recommendation is to load ASN as an Addon Application in FSXAssist and set the Addon Application priority to to NORMAL.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hey there!

Been following this thread for a while now since i have exactly the same stuttering issue.

Can somebody please explain to me how to change ASNs affinity permanently?

It seems that i have to change it manually everytime ASN is started.

Is there a way to save the affinity setting?

Best regards,

Tom

Can somebody please explain to me how to change ASNs affinity permanently?

Good question. But unfortunately I don't know the answer.

Should be possible via win "exe.-properties" or by a dos "run with options cmd", of which I don't have a real idea....

BTW: setting ASN's processor affinity away from FSX's activities really seems to make sense.

Perhaps anybody else?

Greetings,

Claus

I came across this in another Forum.

Unfortunately it's in German but i'll try to give you the information needed:

To set ASN affinity permanently right click on the ASN Shortcut.

Open the properties and change the "Target" line to C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "ASN" /affinity 1 "Whatever your ASN folder is"

This worked on my PC.

BUT after three flights it seems that it doesnt prevent FSX/ASN from microstuttering.

Still, after some 30-45 minutes into the flight FSX starts to drop Frames.

Hopefully this is going to be fixed sometime! :)

Best regards,

Tom

Installing Steve's DX10 fixer and enabling "Cloud Cull" has increased performance in clouds 10 fold. Even in thick dense cloud, no stutters whatsoever.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Usually i'm running FSX at 60 FPS locked with no exceptions. Even in the heaviest weather.

But after changing from FS Global Real Weather to ASN, FSX starts to stutter. But only in some situations

some time into the flight. Restarting ASN then resolves the problem for a few minutes.

Tom

HIFI has just released an ASN patch update some hours ago. I made a short trip from EDHI to EKBI already with it and I made no changes on any affinity settings. Worked fine so far...

Greetings,

Claus.

Yeah, installed it too...seems to be slightly better but there are still stutters.

I might be wrong, but it seems that the stuttering comes along with weather/cloud redraws... restarting ASN in that situation solves the stuttering.

Tom

Usually i'm running FSX at 60 FPS locked with no exceptions. Even in the heaviest weather.

But after changing from FS Global Real Weather to ASN, FSX starts to stutter. But only in some situations

some time into the flight. Restarting ASN then resolves the problem for a few minutes.

Tom

Locked at 60 in FSX? And in NI?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

NI's Framelock usually gives me additional stutters so i've only set the FSX internal locker.

NI's Framelock usually gives me additional stutters so i've only set the FSX internal locker.

But how are your settings in NI? If you can help me with the mini micro stutters...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/435489-help-to-tune-up-my-system/#entry2941809

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Hey again!

Does anyone know the affinity number for cores 6 and 7 (Quadcore with HT enabled)?

I would like to set ASNs affinity permanently to cores 6/7 but dont have any idea of those binary things.

Tom