Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Gallagher

Cant believe I bought BBS A330

Changed my mind...this topic discussed already plenty :)

Where? Because I am interested - as a matter of fact I was just about to do the same, at a Christmas Sales promotion...

Did you like it? Is it worth the investment?

My first great flights in buses in fs9 were by the "hand" of Phoenix, and since BBS has it's roots there....

If possible, please point me to a good BBS 330 discussion thread ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I can maybe recommend it at about $30.00.  But the VC screens (ECAM, PFD, etc.)  are very blurry. I have to bring up the 2d panel just to see it clearly.  For what it's worth it also requires changing the fsx.cfg file to 4096 textures.  Most of the buttons in the VC are not operable.  I figure if they're on version 0.66 it will take a couple years to get a fully functional A330 here and by then the Aerosoft A330 will be available.  The VC, except for the main panels, is very looney-toons in how it's rendered, especially the seats and the rear of the Cockpit.  It's def. better than the CLS A330 but it is a 2/3 completed product.  I can't imagine paying $60.00 for this at this stage.   If you really want an A330 now then it's worth the sale price otherwise wait for the Aerosoft version. 

Use the search tool to find the other discussion...it's extensively discussed.

Ok, thx for the precious info!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think you will be waiting a while for the Aerosoft A330..... BBS is fine, and a new VC/2D cockpit is coming out soon as well. It is also P3D compatible.

BBS review is not too good. Suggest try and merge Project Airbus 330 with the BBS one.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

The BBS A330 does the job more or less just not at what its priced at. Many of the switches don't work like the IRS for example, but the systems are mostly modeled realistically. Its better then the CLS A330 because there are realistic systems in it. BBS A330 is also better than Wilco because there are less bugs and there is a much better exterior model. This aircraft is the best a330 on the market, it's just over priced because it's not a complete plane yet.

Its a good plane, its in the state as a result of a badly positioned interim update. It was well on its way to being updated to its final spec before one of the developers encountered some personal problems that pushed work on the A320 and A330 series back a few months. They are in full swing to release a comprehensive update in the very near future. Incase you might not know the plane is not in this state as a testament of BlackBox's developmental skills but because it has been a buy-in beta plane much like Razbam/Milviz/Captain Sim/etc... Features have slowly been added over time and when development was in full swing we usually got updates rectifying alot of issues every 2 weeks. That stopped a few months back due to a loss in one of the developer's family. Both planes are months behind schedule because of this but those months haven't gone to waste, so Phillip don't feel disappointed or upset at the developers or the plane. You've purchased the plane at the right time, the next update is supposed to include a new model (A340-XXX) not sure which A340 models but judging from prior releases we may get all variants and this is at no additional cost. 

"Vnav" is not working right.Way too sloppy yet. I wonder if any of you found  a workaround till they fix it ?

TIA