Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Suggestion if you are trying CoolSky Super MD-80 Pro in V2

This is one of two non-default aircraft I have installed thru EMT into P3DV2.  I noticed tonight quite by accident that the weather radar feature (it's a dumb simulation I believe) really hits frame rate hard for whatever reason.   I understand none of these planes are optimized for V2 that is a given, I'm just pointing on this is one feature in one plane that in my system clearly has a component that is very frame rate unfriendly, despite perhaps most other parts of that particular plane that do perform very well in V2.   For example, just after TO out of KSLC frame rate was hovering around 38.  As soon as I turned off the weather radar frames shot right up to my v-sync locked rate of 60.  I verified the effect a few times by toggling radar on and off and saw the same effect, each time clicking in the VC to assure the sim hadn't 'lost focus' leading to lower frame performance.  

Cheers

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I've tried installing the DC-9 Classic in P3D multiple times with the Migration Tool in bot standard and legacy mode.  Some graphics or other gremlin during the takeoff roll makes it appear it is rolling through dust or water which flows up behind the gear and almost completely obscures the aircraft. After take off landing gear won't react. 

Thanks for the tip. I'll try the Super MC-80 Pro.

I've tried installing the DC-9 Classic in P3D multiple times with the Migration Tool in bot standard and legacy mode.

Good luck Kevin.  P3D V2 is pretty unpredictable we're finding as to what will work and what won't.   I've had generally good luck FSGenesis mesh in the continental US, w/ FTX Global, the RA Turbine Duke, and the MD80 Pro but today I took a stab at FSDT's Hawaii 1 &  2 & Honolulu and discovered there is a show-stopping problem w/ either the mesh for Hawaiian area, OR the airports, I don't know which.  When I set up the MD80 there for my first flight out of Hilo (PHOG) and then Kona Kailua (PHTO) when I first loaded the flight at the gate frames came in nicely at around 50, then slowly but surely started down ticking all the way to 10!  Sounds like what I would imagine might be a memory leak or what have you--so those airports are out for whatever reason ;o(  What I'm not sure about is what happens if I use Windows Control Panel uninstall routine for these when they were installed thru EMT.  Do you know if that works ok?  I ask because I have the FSDT's Hawaiin airports also installed into FSX in the same OS.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

What I'm not sure about is what happens if I use Windows Control Panel uninstall routine for these when they were installed thru EMT. Do you know if that works ok? I ask because I have the FSDT's Hawaiin airports also installed into FSX in the same OS.

I originally tried the application's uninstall routine, but lately I've become supercautious after many failed attempts at installing add-ons.   Now I image my flight sim drive before the install and install the add-o.  If it doesn't work, I restore the image. easy-peasy, though can be time consuming.

I originally tried the application's uninstall routine, but lately I've become supercautious after many failed attempts at installing add-ons.   Now I image my flight sim drive before the install and install the add-o.  If it doesn't work, I restore the image. easy-peasy, though can be time consuming.

Yeah that sounds like a solid but a little time consuming approach.  I did learn of what the problem is w/ the Hawaiian add-ons from FSDT and they (Virtuali) have asked LM to patch the issue in their upcoming patch for V2.  

I don't have a ton of stuff installed into V2 yet, so it's tempting just to leave the Hawaiian stuff installed and maybe the patch resolution they mentioned might resolve the issue as from what I gathered from FSDT is the problem is repairable by LM and could be patched in which case maybe those installations can stay put:

virtuali

Administrator

staradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gif

index.php?action=dlattach;attach=80;type

www_sm.gif

xx.gif

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:58:47 AM »

We believe we know what causes this. P3D 2 has bug that causes either fps dropping or even its main menu disappearing, when a scenery features a custom runway with an invisible FS8 SDK runway with just lights on top of it. This method is very common and it's working fine in FS9, FSX and P3D V1.

We reported it to LM, and they are hopefully fix it in the next patch.

Noel

Played around Coolsky's Super MD-80 Professional on P3D v3.1.  The graphics and details are really good and everything works, just one major problem! The memory leak that Coolsky's MD-80 has is worse on the P3D platform than the FSX-SE platform, to the point that if I took the time to program my FMC I would be lucky to make it off the runway before the VAS memory alarm started its death toll to CTD. 

I never had the opportunity to fly Coolsky MD-80 on FSX, I bought it for FSX-SE and had the dreaded CTD, finally I found from others how to diagnose this and installed a VAS Monitor, and there it was, a memory leak.  It is funny that on P3D V3.1 it is quite faster than FSX-SE but it is there!

So for those contemplating purchasing the MD-80 or the DC-9 from Coolsky I would wait until this issue has been fixed. 

PS. for the those that were having trouble installing the MD-80, the issue of it gets to the last 99% on the install and stalls, I did find the easiest solution.  Just boot your system to Safe Mode, it will install perfectly!

Played around Coolsky's Super MD-80 Professional on P3D v3.1.  The graphics and details are really good and everything works, just one major problem! The memory leak that Coolsky's MD-80 has is worse on the P3D platform than the FSX-SE platform, to the point that if I took the time to program my FMC I would be lucky to make it off the runway before the VAS memory alarm started its death toll to CTD. 

I never had the opportunity to fly Coolsky MD-80 on FSX, I bought it for FSX-SE and had the dreaded CTD, finally I found from others how to diagnose this and installed a VAS Monitor, and there it was, a memory leak.  It is funny that on P3D V3.1 it is quite faster than FSX-SE but it is there!

So for those contemplating purchasing the MD-80 or the DC-9 from Coolsky I would wait until this issue has been fixed. 

PS. for the those that were having trouble installing the MD-80, the issue of it gets to the last 99% on the install and stalls, I did find the easiest solution.  Just boot your system to Safe Mode, it will install perfectly

I quit using the MD80 years ago because of the memory leak.  I was hoping a fixed version would be out by now, plus native P3D support!