Sign in to follow this  
marinosk

Shared Cockpit in PMDG

Hello PMDG crew and the community, 

Merry Xmas!

On Friday I will be getting my new PC so as to move to FSX.

I have a quick question: What are the plans for shared cockpit in PMDG aircraft? Is this still being considered? Or the idea will not move forward?

Thanks a lot, 

Marinos Klouras

Athens, Greece

As far as we're aware, it's still been worked on, and we are just waiting for news. Don't expect any in a hurry though ;-)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

that is good to know.. when Majestic's DHC8 comes out with it.. NO ONE [referring to developers] will have an excuse!

True enough. It's incredible. I likely have more hours in shared cockpit in the Maddog than anyone and enjoye it immensely to this day, however Majestic broke so much new ground with their shared cockpit that it's night and day.  Lost track of the hours I have shared cockpit in the Dash 8/Q400, it's amazing.

So much to tell about shared cockpit, CRM, computer security.  I'm currently working on a manual for that.

Can't WAIT for you guys to get it.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Shared cockpits will be great at Va's really get to know the other folks on those 12 hour flights in the 777.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

that is good to know.. when Majestic's DHC8 comes out with it.. NO ONE [referring to developers] will have an excuse!

Other developers have been doing it for years and it hasnt been to popular amongst the end users or other developers...I dont think its an excuse, I just dont think its a priority. 

Im still waiting to see how this Q400 multi-cockpit performs, i am hopeful but i am also a realist.

Im still waiting to see how this Q400 multi-cockpit performs, i am hopeful but i am also a realist.

:O

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello,

Shared cockpit has been available for the PMDG 737NGX for a few months and for free. I find it rather hilarious that people think otherwise..  :biggrin:

This may enlighten you all. 

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/652-desk-pilot/

Would love to see this get more attention, or maybe even support from PMDG themselves  :Praying:  :biggrin:

Hello,

Shared cockpit has been available for the PMDG 737NGX for a few months and for free. I find it rather hilarious that people think otherwise..  :biggrin:

This is very interesting - I had no idea! 

Will be checking it out!

Thank you RIPJAW

Hello,

I have not seen or heard of this at all. Does it actually work with the 737 NGX?

Does every switch work for both pilots?

I have not seen or heard of this at all. Does it actually work with the 737 NGX?

Does every switch work for both pilots?

Yes it works with the PMDG 737 NGX. It was designed for that aircraft from the beginning.

No, not every switch is synced in version 1.4.2. The manuals and my website both contain that information.

Michael Harders

Gents-

Shared cockpit is something that is on our "would be cool to do" list, but it is not on our "we really need to do" list.

The simple reason?  There are too many other competing priorities for our development assets.  At the end of the day we sometimes have to put business ahead of "gee whiz!" and this would be one of those...

We do get bored on occasion and you know what happens then....   It might happen with this at some point here.  We shall see. 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Cpt Randazzo thank you for your answer! I wish for your family & business a prosperous and happy new year.

That's why I am cautious, I wouldn't expect anything like this to be done over night. Perfectly switch for switch, although this desktop pilot sounds good.

It would be a more social plus if people were flying with each other, I would probably learn a lot more as well.

I would probably learn a lot more as well.

Jools... I seem to recall inviting you for shared cockpit flights well over a year ago...  LOL

How are you my friend?

Dave Hodges