Sign in to follow this  
FloG

Are there opinions on Austria Professional already?

Hi, guys.

I was away last week, hence I missed the release of the new Austria Professional photoreal scenery and some possible discussion about it. However, my forum search did not bring up any results, so I thought I might start this topic.

I wonder how those of you who have bought this product like it. I mean, I like the idea of photoreal scenery, especialy since Austria is my home country, and IMO it's beautiful here. However, I have seen some discussion over at Aerosoft, where some guy said he is not impressed by it at all (well, at least partially because he thought that there were winter textures included, I don't really mind that it's daytime/summer only), and to be honest, the pictures on the product page don't look too impressive to me, but that could be only due to a reduced image quality, I don't know.

Anyway, I would really appreciate to hear some opinions from you prior to buying this (rather expensive) product, and perhaps a few screenshots to see what it really looks like.

Thanks in advance,

Flo

Unbeliavable. MSE 2.0 sceneries were (are) good without autogen and winter textures, but Austria Pro isn't? Enlight me. I saw the scrrenshots and in my opinion it looks very very good. Realistic coloring and autogen is matching it, not way off like in Swiss Pro. This is probably the best looking photo scenery out there if you ask me. Also who need winter textures? Who wants to fly over a beautiful scenery when everyrhing is white? I can't see the point really. This kind of scenery is a heaven for VFR, and VFR is all about sightseeing and references. VFR with winter textures... hmmmm not worth the developers time and hard disk space IMO.

My two cents. :)

Cheers

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks for your input, that's exactly what I was hoping for!

Just to prevent misunderstandings: I couldn't care less for winter (or night) textures - although it would of course be cool in a country like Austria to have textures matching the skiing season B). And regarding the screenshots: I simply have the impression that they are a bit too much compressed and seem to have lost some detail due to that process, so I wanted some opinions before spending this (quite large) amount of money.

Compressed? They must be compressed a bit at least, but I simply can't see the compression in the promo screens, call me crazy. B)
If we are going to do comparisons, look at Aerosoft's VFR Germany quality of textures, you can see artifacts all over, and bad coloring on top of all.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

hey must be compressed a bit at least, but I simply can't see the compression in the promo screens, call me crazy.

It's my fault - I didn't realize that my browser was set to a higher zoom level, so everything looked a bit more blurry than it should :rolleyes:. I'm nearly convinced to get in now, thanks a lot, Pe11e!

Hehe, no probs mate. I will probably get it eventually, but TBH it is a steep price for a half of country. :(

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi Florian!

I don't have it yet either, but sure keep a close look at it and really consider purchasing it as well!

What i think looks really great is the super detailed mesh together with the photolayer and - not to forget - the autogen there as this appears to be really accurate and quite detailed!

And also in regards to local "landmarks" such as various characteristic buildings in Vienna for instance and as visible at some various product screenshots (and i assume there are more of them elsewhere too), all of it looks - at least - promising i think.

Only my 2 cents here though - as a potential future customer of Austria HD.

Cheers, Christoph

It would clog my HDD a good deal and it's really expensive.

But, admittingly it does look very sharp, compared to the older Austria Prof X.

Older Austria Pro X is not a photoscenery. A tiny difference. :P

That thread was actually the reason I asked my question here - but it seems Aerosoft did some cleaning up, the discussion over there has been brought back to a better-behaved level and is now realy informative. Thanks for the link, Oliver!

That thread was actually the reason I asked my question here - but it seems Aerosoft did some cleaning up, the discussion over there has been brought back to a better-behaved level and is now realy informative. Thanks for the link, Oliver!

Mathijs deleted one of my more ambiguous posts which triggered a reply which, in turn, led to a ban of the person replying ...   :rolleyes:

On simmarket you can see the first more detailed customer review (in German, it's rather favourable).

That review sounds great indeed - I guess all my doubts are gone now!

It looks really good. I just dont get how you can not have winter in an Austrian scenery.

Just my opinion of course