Sign in to follow this  

Norway! Updated v2 (FSX and P3D)

I've been trying several times to download "Norway Mesh X v0.75.zip", but all I keep getting is an error message.
Could you check that?

Did you do this?

When you get an error after clicking on an icon, click on Open in the bottom right corner.

Or do you get another error message?

Did you do this?

Or do you get another error message?

Being able to read actually helps!

Thanks, that worked.

Hi,

Me too I have a problem to download the norway mesh x 0.75.zip file. I have "Désolé une erreur s'est produite" and I saw an black Arrow down directed for this file instead of the blue folder as seen for the two others files.

Thanks to follow up.

Michel

OK I found How-to : just clic open in the right bottom of the screen and it open new menu with download link.

Sorry to used space for stupid question from my side.

Michel

Being able to read actually helps!

LOL Glad you've got it working! ^_^

Jeroen.

Many thanks for your much needed comprehensive Norway installation instructions. I followed it to the letter (I hope!!) but I face a problem (also present in my case with previous versions). I do see land where it should be water. For example, made a flight from ENAN to ENBO (Bodo) and it was always  - including the approach to runway 07 in Bodo - over land.

Some thing is wrong on my installation  but I cannot figure what. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks! 

Edmundo Azevedo

Do you have any suggestion?

Hm, well, I do remember having a similar issue once and that was in combination with FTX Global... All lakes were gone and so on. As far as I can remember I solved it by disabling all Norway entries in the Scenery Library (just unticking them) and enabling them again later on. But I'm not entirely sure, I'm afraid. You could give it a try though. Or maybe only enable the water entry and then enabling it again. Is everything in the correct order?

I don't really have a clue what's causing this, I'm sorry: I only pass on the instructions.  ^_^ Maybe Loki or someone who has actually worked on NSX III might have an answer.

EDIT

Are you using UTX by any chance? Things need to be in a specific order when you use UTX.

Thanks Jeroen. No, I don´t have UTX or FTX Global (but I have GEX). I did check the order at the library and there was something missing. I guess everything is OK now!

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas. 

Edmundo Azevedo

Hm, slight bummer... I use the Norway freeware in P3D 2.0 and this evening I discovered that the weird tree texture problem I had there every now and then isn't due to FTXG and the A2A C172, as I always presumed, but it's due to the Airports of Norway! This evening I did a LOT of tests to see what the freeware did to my VAS and by accident I discovered that adding AoN made my trees go bad. Not at once but only after a complete restart of the sim! I do suppose this has something to do with the combination of AoN and FTXG but for now I stopped using AoN (because I rather have FTXG now I have to choose).

I also have to add that I think I'll stop using NSX III because VAS really is a lot higher with it than it was with NXS II (when you install all the new freeware VAS is around 500 to 600 MB higher than the previous version, which is a lot when you fly with P3D, which is rather 'VAS-sensitive' right now). And since AoN doesn't work well on my PC I now ONLY use the Scenic LC because without good landclass Norway looks very bad.

Anyway, ymmv, but if you do have some problems in P3D, you might want to test this yourself. I presume FSX won't give you any problems in this regard.

Did some more testing, using P3D 2.0, and added NSX III to the bunch again without roads etc. already gave me a quick OOM. So as I said yesterday, I am back to only using Norway Scenic LC which makes Norway look a LOT better already than default!

BTW The dev of the NSX III roads already said himself those roads are a work in progress and you might want to skip it. I found it added way too many roads to the scenery, making little villages look like big highways and pushing all the autogen out of it.

Two more questions:

Are the modifications to terrain.cfg no longer needed?

Do the Norwegian Lighthouses and Churches still work with these versions?

Two more questions:

I was wondering the same thing about the terrain.cfg modifications as i completely f**ked up and forgot to install the fixed terrain.cfg and now after utx and orbx messing with my terrain.cfg i cba fixing it... But I couldn't find any notes about terrain.cfg regarding NSX III so I think that means they are not necessary anymore.

Don't know for sure but the readme's that come with the new versions of the freeware didn't mention it so I guess you can do without those modifications. I myself fly in P3D now and I don't feel like tweaking that cfg anymore.

I suppose they do. And so will Norway GA Airfields (which they are part of), but as I said I decided to leave them out because of the new version that is coming up. Don't know if the elevation of those airports will work perfectly with the new mesh though. I noticed AoN (even the new version) also had some mesh errors around some airports.

EDIT

Didn't see this post (because the one from 'vegetable soup' apparently was on the bottom of the page) but gheeD confirms my thoughts:

But I couldn't find any notes about terrain.cfg regarding NSX III so I think that means they are not necessary anymore.

For those with UTX Europe installed, how would these updated files be placed in the FSX Scenery library?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

For those with UTX Europe installed, how would these updated files be placed in the FSX Scenery library?

Can't check it because I don't have UTX installed (I am using P3D 2.0) but when I combine the list from the previous version with the new one, I think it should look something like this:

1. Airports of Norway

2. Airports of Norway Ground

3. Norske Broer

4. NSX III_Roads_Rails

5. NSX_III_Landclass_cvx

6. NSX_III_Water

7. NSX_III_Exclude

8. UT Europe Airports

9. UT FSX Waterclass

10. FSX Object Repositioning

11. UT Europe Ground Polygons

11. UT Europe Streams

12. UT Europe Water

13. UT Europe Railroads

14. UT Europe Roads

15. UT Landclass - Custom (Europe only)

16. UT Landclass - Urban

17. Norway Scenic LC

18. UT Landclass - Vegetation

19. UT Europe Lighting

20. UT Exclusions For Default Scenery

21. Norway Mesh X

22. Addon Scenery (default MS folder)

So you should put everything above UTX apart from the Norway Scenic LC, which has to be sandwiched between the UTX layers and mesh would come at the bottom of the added items. No guarantees though... ^_^

BTW I myself stopped using the freeware altogether because I got constant OOMs after installing FSUIPC and they only stopped after removing the last Norway freeware item I was using, which was Norway Scenic LC... Pity. I'll have to wait for FTX Norway or maybe UTX Europe for P3D 2.0.

Oh boy I am going through the downloads/unzipping now and just read about your OOM's...Not sure to continue or wait for FTX Norway????

• Upvote 1

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU