Sign in to follow this  

Norway! Updated v2 (FSX and P3D)

Oh boy I am going through the downloads/unzipping now and just read about your OOM's...Not sure to continue or wait for FTX Norway????

If your still using FSX, use it! I personally never had OOMs with FSX. If you are using Prepar3D 2.0 you can still give it a try: after all the scenery is easily uninstalled, but you should simply be aware that P3D 2.0 in its current state is a bit messy with VAS and certain addons. In MY case (which isn't your case!) it turns out that the freeware gives me all kinds of OOMs and odd textures. But that could be due to my other addons and my hardware. I would certainly give it a try because it is worth it and it's a shame I can't use it all right now. (I only didn't like the new NSX III roads for the same reason I don't like FTX Vector.)

Well just completed the freeware install into P3Dv2. I will test it out and see how it goes with VAS. I also will be installing Aerosoft's Oslo V2...hopefully it will all play well together in P3Dv2....I do have Vector installed in P3Dv2 is there any scenery library adjustments required due to Vector?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

I do have Vector installed in P3Dv2 is there any scenery library adjustments required due to Vector?

Don't know, really. I try to stay as far away from Vector as possible. ^_^ All I know is that Orbx says you shouldn't touch those entries and they probably are even locked into place so I would follow that advice. But I suppose that if you want to see the freeware, it has to be on top of Vector (apart from the mesh, which doesn't really matter where it sits). Another option of course is to not use NSX III plus Norway Scenic LC because it sort of does what Vector does... which means you should only use the mesh and AoN. In that case the mesh could be underneath Vector and AoN on top.

I picked up Oslo V2 and it's truly a work of art. Beautiful!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

• Animations create a living atmosphere
  • Passenger boarding and deboarding animations
  • Terminal interior included in high detail
  • Seasonal textures included
  • Fully functional Docking System and departure countdown included

ive seen a few vids and didnt see the pax animations. The de-ice trucks where abysmal tbh.

I have installed all the files in their respective folders and added the scenery into the P3Dv2 Scenery Library.  When I launch P3Dv2 I get this message:

Any ideas what may be missing in Scenery Area 157?

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeded 400KB weight limits.

John Pipilas

I picked up Oslo V2 and it's truly a work of art. Beautiful!

I was just going to post that myself :-)

ZORAN

Any ideas what may be missing in Scenery Area 157?

Check if that folder is actually in the right spot! "Area.157" is the number of the entry on the Scenery.cfg (open it with Notepad and you will see it only contains entries that are called [Area.###]) and in your case P3D expects (because of what's in the Scenery.cfg) the AoN_Ground/Scenery folder to be in the location that is shown in that error message but it simply can't find it. Maybe you replaced it or renamed it?

So there is nothing 'missing in Scenery Area 157' but the location that [Area.157] in the Scenery.cfg refers too seems to be gone.

Not sure why but my P3Dv2 Scenery Library has AoN_Ground at Priority 157 but when I open scenery.cfg there is no [Area.157] entry???   In fact the scenery.cfg only lists the default scenery areas from [Area.001]  upto Addon Scenery [Area.127] and there are no further entries for all my addon scenery after that in scenery.cfg.  Is there another location where addon scenery is stored in a scenery.cfg file?

John Pipilas

Ok just remembered that AoN_Ground scenery area was added from previous freeware stuff but now that I have updated all the scenery files in the Addon Scenery folder, AoN_Ground is no longer needed so I just deleted it from the Scenery Library.

Still confused why all my addon sceneries (lots of payware airports plus the Norway entries) do not show up in my scenery.cfg file with their own [Area.xxx] ??

John Pipilas

Still confused why all my addon sceneries (lots of payware airports plus the Norway entries) do not show up in my scenery.cfg file with their own [Area.xxx] ??

Probably because you are opening the default Scenery.cfg in the sim's folder...? ^_^ You need to open the Scenery.cfg that's in the (by default hidden) ProgramData folder on your C: drive. So go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 and open the Scenery.cfg there! You will see it has all the entries you were missing.

Anyway, glad you solved the problem!

Aerosoft's Oslo and Vaernes installed right on top or does one need to deactivate airport specific bgl's from NoA?    

RobdeVries.jpg

Thanks for your help Jeroen.  All entries are accounted for in the scenery.cfg file. 

Aerosoft's Oslo and Vaernes installed right on top or does one need to deactivate airport specific bgl's from NoA?

I installed Oslo v2 on top of Norway and it works fine. No need to deactivate anything.

John Pipilas

I removed all ENGM.bgl files from airports of Norway folder after installing Oslo V2.

You have to remove several files. Read the original Norway thread.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.