Sign in to follow this  

FSUIPC autosave in P3D 2.0 'gapless'...? Or other autosaver?

Wow! LOL! Thanks! Much appreciated! :smile:

Keep in mind too that this is just the "surface" so to speak. There is a lot more that's not exposed in the abundant User Interface Tabs...

...as the support for Lua (scripting language) opens up a huge world of possibilities for the intrepid experimenter. :He He:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I cannot possibly recommend FSUIPC "registered" highly enough. ..

In short, registered FSUIPC is a veritable "Swiss Army Knife" utility program!

It just occurred to me that after all the Machinations with FSUIPC and Microsoft's flight simulator in every iteration, Prepar3D and all of its various versions,, that if Lockheed Martin had really done it's job, it would've looked first at what FSUIPC fixes, properly incorporated those fixes into its own version of P 3-D, and thus and eliminated the need for FSUIPC… Just saying...

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

One of the main issues that FSUIPC corrects is the loss of controllers in Windows 8. This is apparently an OS problem and LM is working on fixing it natively within P3d2. MS made many blunders with Win 8 and the joystick loss issue is not even on their radar.

J van E,

The registered version of FSUIPC is currently $ 39.00 U.S.D.  There is NO greater bargain for use with your sim (FSX/P3D etc.).  Peter is extremely prompt with support and updates it on a very regular basis.  If you take the time to read the very substantial manual and all of the capability that FSUIPC provides you will wonder how you ever got along without it.  It certainly is not just handling of joysticks etc. it has much to offer.  You can define many functions with it.

Buy it. learn it and you will not be sorry you did.

I have long considered that my two "best investments" in flight simulation have been FSUIPC and FS Panel Studio...

...both of which have supplied "free updates" for as long as I've had them licensed.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Go on with you're hidden tricks guys...

I just used n4gix loggin on screen option to solve a problem i had with a compound button (that allow you to assign multiple function to each button on yoke or others controller by using one of them as a trigger. Think of it as dedicating one button to become the equivalent of a shift key for your others button). The log allowed me to track down the bug to the guy sitting in front of the computer...... Sic.....

I also applied Andydigital trick to autosave to a file, in my case a flight across canada i started a few days ago. So the last airport visited is always found under the same filename witout need for a special save.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Another question about FSUIPC. In the manual I noticed you can limit the speed of winds. I sometimes like to fly with heavy weather mainly because it looks great but quite often I wish I had the option to lower the winds a bit or even turn them off completely. Can this be done with FSUIPC...? I noticed you can set a limit so if I set that limit to 1, would it 'stop' all the winds...? (Setting it to 0 turns the entire feature off, so I read.) I know this isn't realistic but sometimes I don't care about realism. ^_^

And btw I know you can edit the weather within the sim and turn off winds but when I get ASN (whenever it has been released for P3D) I want the weather to be updated over time while still being able to control the maximum wind speeds. Is that indeed possible? Or is there a limit to what you can do (maybe it only works in certain situations?)?

Another question about FSUIPC. In the manual I noticed you can limit the speed of winds. I sometimes like to fly with heavy weather mainly because it looks great but quite often I wish I had the option to lower the winds a bit or even turn them off completely. Can this be done with FSUIPC...?

Most of FSUIPC4's weather options only apply to weather being set THROUGH FSUIPC's facilities. They are a kind of filter option on the data passing through. In FS9 and before that pretty much covered all weather programs (though not FS's own downloaded weather), but in FSX and P3D most weather programs use the SimConnect weather features directly.

The only exceptions were the wind, temperature and pressure smoothing options, but with the advent of ASN, which takes over the internal hooks which FSUIPC uses for those, even that isn't true for all weather sourcesnow.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Ok, thanks for the answer, Pete. Much appreciated, specially because this actually is another reason for me to not buy FSUIPC... But you know what, because I very much appreciate your personal, clear and honest support and because the free version of FSUIPC helped my prevent CTD's in FSX in the past, I'll go and buy it right away now anyway!  ^_^ Besides, with various new addons coming up, that VAS limit warning may come in handy with P3D 2.0 and so may that autosave function. And who knows I may find a good use for some of the controller options, we'll see. ^_^